15

After that day, some things changed.

She realized that the change in environment made her realize that she was special. Not because of her blood, but who she is as a person. She took the change of environment as an opportunity to live differently. As her granduncle said, she could live her life however she wanted.

...But the life that she wanted to live is vastly different from the kind of life she is living-an impossible dream, in short.

She wished for a quiet life-but then again, it was impossible as her background was immediately revealed from the first day she went to school. In addition to that, her academic achievement was something to admire of. A Vav Rank at a young age? Typical for someone who is a Transcendent, but regardless, it is a sight to see.

As much as chaotic her life is compared to her past and her ideal life, she is happy and content-

Until she remembered she hadn't asked if Clara and Asmodeus wanted to be her best friends.

...

"Say, Clara and Asmo-kun..." She suddenly spoke while fiddling her fingers.

"Yes, Y/N-chi?"

Y/N's head was so clouded with her thoughts that she did not notice that her classmates started listening to their conversation.

"Um... I want to ask both of you something...."

Her cheeks then the tips of her ears suddenly became red, making Clara, Asmodeus, and the rest, squeal internally. It is rare to hear Y/N speak her mind and even rarer to see another facial expression other than a blank face.

"Can you be-"

"Alright, class, settle down. The class is about to start!"

Kalego said while entering the classroom. As much as the students wanted to glare at him for cutting off Y/N,

Respect first, trash talk later.

As the class came to an end, we see Kalego contorting his face out of confusion as his students were staring at him at every step he took-it almost came off as a glare, but he paid no heed as he knew all the students of the Misfits class are different breeds-both as a compliment and as an insult.

Once their teacher closed the door as he exited the room, all of Y/N's classmates suddenly turned around to face her. Y/N thought for a while as to why they were acting that way. When it clicked, she wanted to blush out of nervousness.

"Uh... Have a great lunch, guys. I heard from others that today's menu is one of a kind."

The face that Y/N was making... Instead of the usual cold look she always has, it was replaced by a timid look-which is her looking occasionally up to look at their reactions and back at the floor while twiddling her fingers.

As that was a direct attack and an indirect order, they left the trio alone for the question that she wanted to ask the two.

Not. They were outside-ears on the door.

As for Azeru, he knows Y/N is unaware of what is happening at the other side of the door, so he transforms himself into his true form and excuses himself to his Master as he needs to do something. Y/N only nodded, clearly not in her right mind out of nervousness as this was the first time she would ask someone to be her friend.

Azeru then opened the door and looked at everyone. He then talked to them through telepathy.

"Follow me, or you'll see your left ears on the floor."

And so it was really only the three of them left in the classroom.

"Uh, so... I am sorry for the delay. I'm just really nervous...."

"Is there something wrong that made you feel and act this way, Y/N-sama?"

Y/N looked up to see Asmodeus with his eyebrows furrowed out of concern. Clara then hugged Y/N and buried her face in her chest. She looked up to Y/N with a smile on her face.

"Y/N-chi, whatever it is, me and Azz-kun will accept it!"

With her words, something clicked. Ever since they get to know each other and hang out often, Clara and Asmodeus have been her biggest supporters. She now finds her nervousness ridiculous-a sigh of disbelief left her lips showed her realization as how ridiculous her worries are.

"I wanted to ask the two of you if you are willing to be my best friends."

"Best friends? What's that?"

Clara, still hugging Y/N, asked.

"Well, think of it this way. It is a kind of relationship that is second to family. A companion of some sort, but a bit special as this is what you call to people who you are close to like a family."

Asmodeus, who had been silent ever since the words 'best friends' left Y/N's lips, suddenly hugged her out of happiness.

"OF COURSE, WE WANT TO BE YOUR BEST FRIENDS!"

"I DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING, BUT SINCE AZZ-KUN REACTED WELL, THEN I AM IN!" A typical Clara response.

Y/N laughed out of happiness, and as she found it ridiculous to worry about something like that. She reciprocated their hug out of happiness.

"Well, that was all that I wanted to ask. Shall we head for lunch?"

"Hell yeah!"

Meanwhile, at the cafeteria,

As a certain familiar showed up at the cafeteria, all of the students except for Misfits class left in fear. They all did what they needed to do-fall in line, get their food, sit down, and eat with fear and with a little bit of shaking. The familiar's fear-inducing eyes did not spare even the lunch ladies.

Then they ate their food in silence while silently praying that Y/N and co. would be here. After minutes that felt like an eternity, Shax, who had been staring at the cafeteria entrance, called the name of the familiar.

"A-Azeru-sama."

The Leviathan, who was overseeing the rest of the Misfit class, stared at one student who called him.

"Yes?"

"Y/N and the other a-are already here."

The familiar looked at the cafeteria entrance to see his Master and her companions.

"Ah, I see. Well, excuse me."

Azeru went back to his Master and turned into her bracelet.

"...I feel like I'm going to have indigestion."

...

"Ah, the food was delicious, as usual. But Azeru, why is it that no one but the Misfit class was in the cafeteria. A sudden change in the schedule?"

"...No. Something happened. That is why they left."

"Ah, I see. I thought something happened bad."

She then wanted to go to the restroom, so she excused herself. Luckily, the restroom was a bit close to the cafeteria. Unfortunately, as her head was still above the clouds, she was unaware that someone was in front of her, resulting in collisions.

She bumped into what seemed like a wall, but she looked in front and saw a redhead girl who towered her in terms of height.

"Ah, I apologize. I was in my head too much that I was not watching...."

She saw a book that was popular in the human world.

A story that she helped illustrate in the later volumes.

"Is... Is that [Sweet Time Memory]?"

The redhead, who froze in shock, looked at Y/N with wide eyes.

"Yo-you can read this?!"

"Are... Are you not supposed to understand this language or the material you are reading-"

There, Y/N realized what she had done and spoke.

That is from the human world.

Oh, Gods.

She definitely fucked up this time.