20

The wait is finally over. The exam has finally started.

As stated before, the class will be divided into two teams. The trio thought and expected that they would most likely be separated but,

Who knew that Asmodeus and Y/N were separated?

Clara, who is obviously on Y/N's group, is happy that she gets to play with her. Contrary to her reaction, and obviously, Asmodeus is nowhere near happy because he is fighting AGAINST instead of ALONGSIDE Y/N. With that, he doesn't know what to do. Will he let her win by playing 'clumsily,' or will he play seriously? While thinking, he heard a voice behind him.

"Asmo-kun."

He turned around to face Y/N—not just to acknowledge that he heard her but also to see the answer to the question that had been troubling him ever since it was stated that he was on the opposing team.

"Y/N-sama...What shall I do?"

Not sensing the real meaning of his question, Y/N titled her head out of confusion.

"What do you mean by that? This is an exam. You should be doing your best, no?"

Yes... This is how Y/N-sama is, he thought. How stupid is he for thinking that Y/N would like him to act like a klutz for her to win? He knew that the thing that Y/N liked was her seeing her hard work pay off. He smiled at her and cheered her on—Y/N, doing the same.

"Now, now settle down."

He clapped his hands multiple times to get his students' attention. Even though he was supposed to start the exam a while ago, he let his students talk their nervousness out.

This is why we love Kalego—ah, look at that, he's blushing. How shy~

"Ahem!"

Ahem, he said, trying to cough up his embarrassment. He checked if all his students were settled and focused on him before he started to say what he needed to say.

"I would like to remind you that none will get affected, except for the winner who will increase their rank by 1. Despite the results, at the end of the day, what is important is that you did your best. Even if the results you think will happen do not match the reality, take it as a room or the opportunity to improve. Doing your best but not reaching the desired result is better than half-assing tasks or challenges. With that, I wish you all the best. Shall we start?"

"Yes, sir!"

With that small speech, the tense atmosphere vanished. Both teams cheered each other as if they had no aspirations to raise their ranks. But of course, Asmodeus is a special case. Once he realized that Sabnock was on the same team as Y/N, he now found a reason to really do his best. Instead of hesitance, he now feels inspired to show how much he is to the one and only Y/N.

And so, with the sound of the whistle, the exam officially started.

..........

The exam quickly took a turn. The expected number of balls used in the exam was only one. But as soon as Clara was having fun—err well, knowing Clara, she was really excited ever since they were walking towards the underground gym where the exam takes place. And when Clara is excited (when the hell isn't she?), it will either turn into a disaster or... nope, it will always turn into a disaster. In this case, the number of balls present within the gym increased to a hundredfold. Luckily the eyes of our dear sensei are always so sharp that within the chaos, he can easily see who hits who.

The first one to get hit was Agares.

As expected from a demon who sleeps all the time.

Amid the chaos, since using familiars is allowed, Y/N called forth Azeru. Which, of course, made the whole chaos stop. Because of that, her familiar shrunk himself out of embarrassment now that attention was on him.