11

I appeared in a room that wasn't mine

I appeared in a room that wasn't mine. A wave of nausea hitting me faster than reality. Propping up against the white armoire, I looked around the room. It looked a little smaller than the bedroom they gave me. However, it was still just as big.

Curious why I appeared in this room, I pushed away from the white armoire and opened it. Inside were some neat suits and dress shoes. Opening the drawer below, I saw men's boxers.

"Lovely," I commented as I picked up a cherry-designed boxer. Whoever the owner of this boxer was knows how to have a good time. A smirk crawling its way onto my face as all kinds of dirty thoughts appeared in my mind.

Dropping the boxer back into the drawer, I closed it up and stood up. I started looking around. There wasn't anything out of the ordinary. Nothing that would tell me who this person was.

I knew I was a total creep for creeping through a person's belongings, but did I care? No. Whoever this creep was, they took me away from Atlas.

Just as I was about to sniff his body wash, I heard the bedroom door click open. I dropped the damn body wash when I hurriedly put it back on the tiny shelf in the shower.

"Who is it?" a man questioned.

Instantly, I looked for a place to hide. One look around and I knew that there was no place to hide. Without a second thought, I jumped behind the beautiful white bathtub that was next to the shower. Crouching low, I held my breath.

From beneath the bathtub, I could see a pair of black dress shoes walk into the bathroom. He stopped at the entrance and stood there for an entire minute before he started walking. His footsteps came nearer and nearer until it stopped at the shower. There were some movements and I could only guess that he knew it was his body wash that fell.

I'm so dead.

Maybe staying with Atlas wasn't such a bad idea.

The footsteps came closer and closer until it stood in front of the bathtub. I stopped breathing. My heart was beating so fast I thought I might die from fright.

"Are you going to come out or do you want me to hurt you?" he threatened.

Instantly, I shot up from behind the bathtub. Smoothing my hair back, I chuckled and looked his way.

"There is really no need- "I stopped talking when I saw who it was.

"Ophelia?" Silas asked in surprise.

"Silas?" I grabbed onto the edge of the bathtub to get up. Silas walked around to help me up.

"What are you doing here?"

"You finally betrayed your cousin and took me away."

We both talked at the same time.

"Wait, what?" Silas responded quickly after. The incredulous look on his face told me he wasn't thinking the same thing I was thinking.