14

The next day, the sky was gloomy

The next day, the sky was gloomy. Heavy rain pounded on the rooftop of the giant cabin we were staying in. According to Atlas, we only needed to see one more person before heading back to New York. After New York, we planned to head back to Europe again.

I lay in a small armchair facing the large open window. My legs dangled out on one side of the armchair while I rested my head on the other side. On my stomach was a bowl of cherries. I ate the cherries while staring out the window.

Distantly, I could hear Silas, Lazarus, Atlas, and another male vampire talking. It was comical to be in a situation like this. All these years, I hoped to find some immortal to break this curse of mine, and here I was—smacked in the middle of not just one but four vampires. Yet I wasn't making a move.

I know my time is running out, and I should work harder to break the curse. But how could I do that with Atlas by my side? The guy was everywhere, and I couldn't run away from him. I had no choice but to be around him.

When I first met him, I could easily say that I could use him to break this curse. However, I couldn't help but feel wrong about this. How do I get over this gut feeling to save myself from death?

I could hear them conversing in the next room. With a flick of my finger, a beamed of white light slithered over to the trash can. It wrapped itself around the bin and then lifted it into the air. I beckoned it with my powers to move closer to me. I threw the cherry seed into the bin as soon as it fell down to my side.

In the middle of minding my own business, something crashed through the glass window. The loud commotion jerked me up into a sitting position. A big, black furry ball fell in the middle of the sitting area in front of me. It moved and lifted its head.

A werewolf!

It growled and got onto its paws. I took a few steps back. He took a jumping stance before jumping into the air. Lifting my hands, I used my powers to grab the nearest table and threw it at him. It collided with his body, and he flew back out the window.

More black, furry balls crashed through the windows. One glance outside, and from what I could see, Atlas's men were fighting off a pack of wolves. Four wolves stalked towards me. I waved my hands into the air, and a flash of white elongated into a sword. It solidified, and I lifted into the air. One jumped towards me, and I slashed it across its body. It fell and died instantly.

Distantly, I heard wolves howling. More were coming.

Two more jumped at me. I conjured up another sword in my right hand, but my speed of conjuring wasn't fast enough. Its large body fell on top of me and I fell on the glass coffee table.

Suddenly, something rammed into the wolf, and it flew off me. Atlas towered over me. His murderous and cold expression remained on the wolves in front of us. Silas, Lazarus, and the unknown vampire began killing the wolves.