17

The next night, I popped out of the bathroom and was greeted by Atlas

The next night, I popped out of the bathroom and was greeted by Atlas. He was still dressed in a plain gray t-shirt and black trousers. Both of us looking different in attire. I was already getting ready for bed while he looked like he was ready to go out.

Looking at him reminded me of the night when I first woke up from the crystal. The dark and mysterious looks in his crimson eyes were mesmerizing. Looking into his eyes makes my heart skip with each beat. I found myself drawn to him like a moth to flame. The familiar midnight curls fell over his forehead, and eyes felt like they were piercing through my soul.

"Let's go out," he said.

I looked down at my body. I had on silk pajamas.

"I'm not exactly ready to go out."

Atlas chuckled before walking up to me. His right hand popped out from behind him, and I saw he had picked out a summer dress.

"Put this on. We'll only be out for a couple of hours."

I followed along with him. I slipped on the maroon summer dress. My hair was still damp from the shower. I kept it down to dry.

When we made it outside, Atlas walked over and swept me up from my feet. Surprised, I wrapped my hands around his neck.

"What are you doing?" I asked quickly.

"Hold on tight if you don't want to fall," he whispered, looking down at me.

In seconds, the wind whipped around me. He was running at a superhuman speed. Street lights flashed all around me, but it felt like we weren't even there. No one could spot us. Not with human eyes, at least.

I turned my attention back to Atlas, and he was still looking ahead of us. His hair whipped back from the window. It allowed me to see the sharpness of his cheekbones and jawline. The man was born with a perfect facial structure. I moved to cup his cheek, and that caught his attention.

Atlas stopped to look down at me, and I retracted my hand. Our eye contact remained for another minute. I couldn't look away.

Suddenly, I blinked and looked away.

"Where are we?"

He set me down on my feet.

"We are at a park. I saw this earlier today when I went to one of my meetings. I thought you might like it."

When did he become so sweet?

He grabbed my hand and led me to an open area, but I was still very private from the amount of trees growing around it.

"Sit down and lie back," he ordered, and I arched an eyebrow. One corner of his lips curved, and he urged me to lie back with a hand on my shoulder.

Flopping back, I looked up at the sky and noticed I was watching the stars through an opening in the trees. It looked beautiful and, honestly, brought back a lot of memories. My heart and throat felt tight. I had to bite the inside of my cheek to stop the onslaught of emotions. He fell onto the spot next to me. Together, we both looked up at the night sky.