12

The next morning, Asswipe—that was what I have been calling him all morning

The next morning, Asswipe—that was what I have been calling him all morning. It fits his stupidity. Asswipe decided to lock me inside the bedroom as if being locked in a crystal wasn't enough. He put two guards in front of my door. I could think of multiple ways to deal with him. I could do some voodoo shit and kill him, but then again I needed him to stay alive. I could torture him with some spells, but that would be draining.

Yesterday night was telling enough. I wasn't getting any better. This was my last run. I'm dying. The crystal was taking whatever was left of me.

For the first time, I felt desperate. Locked and chained for so long and this was how my life was going to end. I felt all kinds of emotions. Bitterness being one of them.

I knocked on the bedroom door once again.

"Let me out!"

As before, I received radio silence. I growled and kicked the door hard before walking over to the bed and plopping down. I stared at the ceiling and watched the ceiling fan spin. Propping myself up on my elbows, I looked around before flipping onto my stomach.

My eyes caught the balcony window and I itched to jump out that window. Committing serious injuries seemed less boring than sitting here and dying.

I needed to escape. Standing up, I walked over to the balcony and leaned forward. Below me, there wasn't a single person in sight. It looked pretty damn high too. This wasn't committing serious injuries. It was committing suicide even if I was an old witch.

"That's it! I'm breaking the door!" I snarled, turning around.

I stomped my way to the door and was about to break it down, when the door opened. I stopped myself before I rammed over two maidservants. They both looked at me with wide eyes.

A second later, Silas appeared. I broke into a dramatic sob and collapsed in his arms, caressing his hard chest through his black dress shirt.

"Please let me leave," I begged.

He chuckled before placing both of his hands on my arms and pulling me back. A wide grin on his face that showcased pearly white teeth.

"I'm afraid I can't. I have been sent here by him."

"I knew I should have told you to kidnap me! He's a horrible man. He keeps me locked up."

"He wants you safe."

"But I'm bored out of my mind, Silas."

"Well, you're in luck. There is a ball tonight and you are to attend."

I perked up immediately. It's been decades since my last ball. I always love to party.

Silas moved to the side. The maidservants wheeled in evening gowns of every color. There were shoes. A few more people walked in. They looked like stylists. All these colorful, sparkly dresses caught my attention. I followed them back inside the bedroom. My hands ran over the dresses before I was pulled away from Silas. He pushed me to a comfortable sofa that leaned back.