26

Ophelia stood at the end of the hallway and smiled at me

Ophelia stood at the end of the hallway and smiled at me. She wore a beautiful wedding gown and her hair was adorned with exquisite pearl ornaments. Her pale lips were painted red and her eyes were bright as sunny sky.

"Atlas, hurry! We will be late!" She waved her hand at me.

Chuckling, I ran to keep up with her. As soon as I reached her side, I moved to wrap my arms around her waist to pull her in for a kiss. She was too beautiful for me to wait another second to kiss her.

But as soon as I grabbed her, she disappeared and moved farther down the hall. I frowned when I grasped at nothing but thin air. My eyes connected with hers and my smile slipped.

"Atlas, come on! Stop playing around."

"Ophelia." My heart felt a sharp throb. My whisper fell short and my hands dropped to my side.

"Atlas, please, come on." Ophelia stomped her feet.

I walked my way towards her and as soon as I made a move to grab her hand, she disappeared farther down the hallway. The sharp pain increased.

"Ophelia, don't go," I whispered in agony.

Her smile slipped, and the light in her eyes disappeared. The liveliness in her face dissipated with each second.

"I love you so much. Don't go, Ophelia. Please don't leave me."

"I'm not going anywhere," she responded.

"Come to me," I begged.

Ophelia started walking towards me, but slashes and wounds appeared on her body and her white wedding dress turned red. In front of me, Ophelia was bleeding to death. With each step she took, she cried and whimpered in pain.

"Ophelia!" I shouted and ran towards her.

But to no avail. She moved farther with each step I took. We just couldn't get to each other. She collapsed to the hard, wooden floor, and I fell onto my knees. Blood dripped from her mouth and wounds. A puddle of blood formed around her. The life in her eyes slowly disappears.

"No!" I shouted and crawled my way to her.

Ophelia whimpered and clutched at her body. New wounds formed, and I realized that with every step I took, she was dying.

I could only look and watch her die in front of me.

"Ophelia..." It felt like barb wires were wrapped around it and it bled each time it beat.

Never in my life have I ever felt so powerless. I prided myself in knowing everything, but seeing Ophelia dying in front of me, I felt hopeless. I cried on my knees, begging her not to leave me.

When I saw the last light go out of her eyes, my heart died with her and I shouted her name. Emotional and physical pain tearing at all my nerves and jerking me awake at the same time.