Chapter 12

《Author Note: Please do not read chapter 12 if you have not read the full published chapter 11 before this. Just a reminder, because of the earlier chapter 11 sneak peek post.)

. . . . .

 The cultivators still gathered in the large hall of Lotus Pier, looked on in shock as white smoke seemed to fill the air, coming from Lan Wangji's direction but even Lan Wangji seemed perplexed

 The cultivators still gathered in the large hall of Lotus Pier, looked on in shock as white smoke seemed to fill the air, coming from Lan Wangji's direction but even Lan Wangji seemed perplexed. The white smoke started to shape a figure and solidify into a physical form. 

 Gasps echoed around the room once they could finally see the figure and their face. 

He was beautiful, carrying a noble and majestic aura. His eyes were downcast, showcasing long eyelashes. He seemed like a beautiful ice sculpture that came to life with humanoid flesh. He opened his eyes slowly and took his time looking around the room before turning to Lan Wangji, the person he was standing next to and gave a soft smile. 

"It's so good to finally meet you and speak to you, little brother, and you as well A-Huan. My dear little brothers."

Little brothers??? What????!

Lan Wangji's eyes widened before growing hard. The figure chuckled. "Ah, as to be expected." 

"Ah, I'm sorry…?" Lan Xichen had a bewildered, strained smile. 

"My apologies, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Lan Xuan. I know you would find it difficult to trust someone you've just met, but I've been by your side the whole time."

"That's Blasphemy! We do not know you and you are not a part of the Lan Sect. You are an imposter, how dare you!" Lan Qiren spoke angrily.

Lan Xuan dropped his smile, becoming serious. "Uncle… of course you don't remember me." Lan Xuan's expression turned sad and he smiled bitterly. 

Lan Xuan sighed, and slowly raised his hand. "Allow me to show you the truth from my own memories if you doubt my words."

Towards the round sphere of resentful energy in the room that had been showing Wei Wuxian's memories before they took a small break to breathe and take it all in, Lan Xuan sent a tendril of white smokey energy to form and show his own memories. 

{ 30[ish] years ago. . .}

☆▪︎▪︎☆▪︎▪︎☆▪︎▪︎☆

"Lan Xuan, come sit by your mother." 

Lan Xuan was just brought to his mothers house by his Uncle Qiren, who refuses to open the door and leaves the moment Lan Xuan is inside. 

His mother was beautiful as always in her white robes. He didn't understand why she never left and stayed stuck in this place. He was only allowed to visit her twice a month. Once at the beginning and near the end. They would chat about anything, everything except his studies and why she never left her house.