Chapter Seven: Continue to Persevere

Thank you for the votes! It really means a lot. Honestly, it encourages me to write thinking that people are enjoying it. :)

Extra long and unedited

-

Once the hose had loopholes knotted in a zigzag line, Cheong-san throws it out the window. It only reaches to the second floor, the metal end lightly hitting the window.

Chin-sun listens for zombies after it hits the glass but she doesn't, assuming that the room it hits is empty. With the way the windows are giving out, they can at least go there and hopefully be safe again for a little while they think of a game plan. The door of the science room will only hold for so much longer, along with the broken windows; this needs to happen now.

"Chin-sun." Nam-ra groans, zombies pushing against the place she's holding so much so that she can barely hold them back by herself. Chin-sun watches the trouble her friend is having.

"Good luck." Chin-sun says to the three around the windowsill, preparing to climb down. She then rushes over to and shoves her body against the barrier, putting her whole weight into keeping them away.

She can't quite hear over the growls and snarls from the zombies, but she could see the males at the window having a disagreement. Cheong-san jumps up, being the one to go down but he looks behind him to her. He watches as she winces, a chair leg pushing into her back. The thought of leaving her makes it impossible for him to actually begin the climb.

He jumps back down and then gestures for his best friend to take his place. Gyeong-su sighs dramatically, getting up and looking down before slowly descending.

The other two lean out the window for the okay, Gyeong-su informing them that Ms. Park is down there too. Jimin goes next and then one by one each of the students make the travel down until all that is left is Cheong-san, On-jo, Nam-ra, and Chin-sun.

"Nam-ra, go." Chin-sun tells her friend, both of them struggling to hold on. Nam-ra opens her mouth to argue but before she gets the chance to Chin-sun cuts her off. "There's no time to argue. Just go and I'll be down soon."

Nam-ra knows that she is right and even though she doesn't want to go before her only friend, she does. She runs over and Cheong-san helps her up, then holds the rope as she climbs down. After her, Cheong-san pulls On-jo up from the desk and leads her over to the window.

Even from the distance, Chin-sun is able to see that her eyes are swollen red and she looks like she is in a daze, still processing the loss of her best friend. Chin-sun feels the need to give her condolences and she would, but not now. She also has the feeling that On-jo needs a moment to herself before having to talk about it.

Once On-jo is down, Cheong-san turns to the girl who uses all her strength to keep back the zombies. After she lets go, it will only be a matter of time before they break through.

"Chin-sun." He calls out to her, waiting for her to come over. She shakes her head, insinuating that he go first. If he goes then everyone is safely out and she can run over, hurrying down while the zombies break through. "I'm not arguing." His tone is forceful, no room for her to change his mind. "Come on."

She glances over her shoulder in worry. She doesn't want to let go just yet but it is the same situation as she was in with Nam-ra. Only she knows that Cheong-san cares too much about other people and will not be so easily convinced to go before her. She knows that he will make sure he is the last one out. It is one of the many things she has always admired about him. She has always noticed the way he cares more for his friends and putting others before himself. Not many people do that anymore.