Chapter Eighteen: Damn Vampire

They all sit around a fire they were able to make using Nam-ra's lighter. Silence surrounds them as the only thing they can all hear is the crackling and Dae-su scoffing down some of the bread Na-yeon brought. It is definitely awkward as glares are sent to Na-yeon and questioning ones to Chin-sun. She brings her knees to her chest and leans down more so her hair falls to cover the mark she wishes she could cut off.

"Are you going to tell us or what?" Jimin snaps. Chin-sun looks up from the fire but doesn't have look around to know that all eyes are on her. "Why did you bring her back too? Did you send her thinking she would kill us?"

"Don't act like she hasn't been with us and helped us the whole time." Nam-ra stands up for her best friend, equally as happy as Cheong-san to know she is alive. She felt responsible for her almost death. 

"She knew I had food and wanted me to bring it to you guys." Na-yeon explains, "She said you all were starving and dehydrated."

"Na-yeon seems different." Chin-sun begins, "Maybe..."

"No." Cheong-san cuts her off. "She killed Gyeong-su."

"And Ms. Park." Dae-su adds.

Na-yeon hides behind her hair, shrinking but says nothing. "I know, but she's trying to make it right. Na-yeon?"

She picks her head up. "I'm sorry for what I did. I didn't realize the finality of my actions until it was too late. I deserve to be the zombie and I regret everything. Ms. Park died protecting me and she told me that I needed to help and survive. I am a murderer and I will always live with that."

No one said anything after that before Nam-ra spoke up. "I don't trust you but we can't kick you out. Then we're just as bad."

The others silently agree. As much as they don't trust or really like her, they can't force her back inside without practically killing her themselves. For now, she is apart of the group until they make it somewhere safe.

"Your neck." On-jo changes the subject. "Explain how you let Gwi-nam suck on your neck and cheated on Cheong-san."

"She didn't let-" Na-yeon began but stopped when Chin-sun shook her head.

Chin-sun started from the beginning: how she covered herself with the tarp, the deal, finding Na-yeon, and why he sucked on her neck. "I obviously didn't want to but I also didn't want to die. It was one kiss and the whole neck thing, I...was just trying to get back here."

"So you let him suck on your neck?" On-jo clarifies for Cheong-san to hear again. "You kissed him, let him kiss your neck, then suck on it?"

"Yes." Chin-sun forces out. "I did it to survive and get back here. he would only save me if I kissed him and if I kept him happy, he wouldn't bite me. I don't know if I would be like Nam-ra. Who's to say I wouldn't just turn." She spares a glance at Cheong-san who looks indifferent. "I understand if you need a minute to process or if you want to break up. I hate what I had to do but I never wanted to."

"Was it good?" On-jo asks.

"On-jo-" Su-hyeok warns her to stop.

"Yeah, not cool." Dae-su mutters, looking to the girl with a ponytail in a disapproving look.

All of them for the most part are on her side. She did what she had to do to survive and it worked. She's back with them; that's all that should matter.

"No." Chin-sun answers her.

"Was he better than Cheong-san?"

"Stop, On-jo." Wu-jin tells her.

"No."

"And you really didn't want to kiss him?" She pushes.

"She didn't!" Na-yeon confirmed.