Chapter Thirteen: Idiot

Not Edited:

The two of them run through the hallway, Cheong-san pulling her any direction that seems to be even just the slightest bit safe. Zombies are right behind them and around every corner. "Shit. Shit. Shit." He keeps repeating.

Soon, finding no other option, he pulls her into a closet where they keep all of the cleaning supplies. "Listen," He breathes heavily, both of them being pressed against each other in the small space. If their lives weren't at risk right now she may find herself blushing. Instead the only reason her cheeks are tinted pink is from running. "I'm gonna scream and distract them while you run to the broadcasting room."

"No." She shakes her head. "No way."

He groans and grabs her face into his hands, welcoming her glare at his suggestion. "Yes. I'm not arguing."

"Neither am I."

"Stop being stubborn."

"I could say the same to you." She counters. "Even On-jo said something about you being stubborn. We're in this together."

He breathes heavily and before he can think for another moment he pulls her in for a kiss. She makes a small sound of surprise once he presses his lips on her but does not move away. He keeps them there for a moment before pulling away.

"I had to do that at least once." He tells her, knowing that ones he gets the zombies to him he may not make it. This may be his one and only shot and...damn it, if he was going to die then it may as well be after kissing the girl of his dreams. 

She shoves him in the little space they had, his back hitting a rack of mops. "You jerk." She snaps. "Don't kiss me because you think you're going to die. Kiss me because you...because you're going to fight to live."

She wraps her arms around his neck and leans up to press her lips against his. He pauses for a moment and then wraps his own around her waist and brings her body flush against his own. It is the type of kiss she has always heard about, the one that makes someone so weak in the knees they can hardly stand and she is thankful he is holding her. It feels like they can never be close enough as their lips mold and move perfectly with the others.

She leans back a little, pressing one more quick kiss to his lips to distract him as she slips the phone into his pocket. She unlocks the door after unwrapping it from his neck. "It's in your pocket. I'll meet you again." She whispers against his lips and before he can do anything she slips out, screaming. "Come get me you fuckers!" She yells, the zombies in the hall start freaking out and then run towards her.

As she turns to run she sees the look of betrayal on Cheong-san's face. She faces forward once more and runs as fast as she can, taking all the zombies with her so that Cheong-san has a chance to escape. 

One tackles her from a room but she manages to slip out. She kicks it in the face, slipping as she manages to stand back up. She looks around as she rounds a corner, breathing heavily. She glances out the window and sees that she has a clear shot of landing on top of their dumpsters. Without a second thought she opens the window and jumps down before she can be grabbed.

"Ow." She groans, moving quickly as two followed her down. "Damn parasites." She shoves past one as it tries to bite her and then punches another. She runs towards the front of the school, barely managing to dodge another before going inside. She notices a broken mop on the ground and grabs it just as she is tackled again. She uses it to shove into the zombie, pushing it off and then yanking it out and shoving it through the neck. Surprisingly it falls to the ground and doesn't get back up. she wonders if she actually killed one. Is the neck their weak point?

She doesn't have much time to think about it as she has to dodge another and runs upstairs. She tosses one over the railing and manages to get into a classroom with none in there, closing the door behind her and sliding down it as she catches her breath.

"Fuck." She mutters, sweating beading along her hairline. "How the hell do I get back?" She wondered and hope that she gave Cheong-san the chance to escape and get back to the others and call for help. Maybe waiting here will be okay.

She then touches her lips that still feel the pressure of his own on them. She hadn't realized how badly she wanted to do that until it happened and all she wants to do now is do it over and over again. She knew she cared about him but not until their kiss did she realize her feelings were more than just friendly. She cared for him romantically.

She looks around the classroom and sees nothing that could be used as a weapon. All she can do is wait for now and hope that with time they disappear enough to where she can run to the broadcasting room. 

-

Chin-sun jumps up once hearing the speakers go off. She stares at the one in the corner of the room. "Anyone?" Joon-yeong's familiar voice speaks. She cracks a smile after hearing her friends after being alone for the past hour. 

"Uh, mic test. One, two. One, two." Dae-su says. "Cheong-san, Chin-sun, are you guys there?"

"What are you doing?" Su-hyeok asks and then takes over. "Guys, can you hear us?"

"Yes." She replies as if they can hear her. 

"We know where you both are. You are both alive and well...in case you weren't sure about the other." Chin-sun lets out a sigh of relief. She is happy to know he is okay but now she knows he's not with them. "Cheong-san we're gonna come to you. We're gonna grab Chin-sun and come to you so stay put."

"Dumbass." She mutters. "It's not safe." A whole group of them moving is a lot more dangerous than just the two of them finding a way.

"I know what you'll say." He continues. "But we can't hear you here. So don't go anywhere. Wait for us. You both can't really go anywhere, okay? We're coming now."

"Cheong-san stay still." On-jo tells me. "Listen to me."

Then the sound of some mediation CD starts playing, only coming from the left side. She wonders what they're up to but remains where she is. She glances out the window and sees a bunch of the zombies running away from her door and down the hall.

She waits for a minute and then another before hearing fast steps. The door flings open and there is an out of breath Su-hyeok. "Come on." He tells her and she doesn't waster another second. She runs ahead and sees the rest of the group running up the stairs.

She trips but Wu-jin grabs her before she face plants. "Cheong-sans just up here." He tells her as they book it. Su-hyeok brings up the rear as Dae-su and Hyo-ryeong lead. They are all in pairs holding hands and so Wu-jin links them together with Joon-yeong. 

She feels her heart pounding but pushes on. Once they're on the right floor they take off down the hall and Dae-su flings open the door.

"Oh thank god." He sighs, releasing Hyo-ryeong. He goes up and pulls Cheong-san in a hug.

Once Chin-sun is inside she releases Wu-jin's hand and Cheong-san moves out of Dae-s grip as they both go straight for the other. He wraps his arms around her, picking her up from the ground and she hugs him back just as tight. The others watch in confusion at what they missed for the few hours they were missing.

He puts her back down and gives her a disapproving look. "Why did you do that? You could have died."

"It's always you who risks their life." She tells him, "I wasn't about to let that happen again."

"That was stupid and dangerous and...you could have been bitten." He rants, clearly just worried about her and not mad.

She gives him a soft smile, grabbing one of his hands. "But I wasn't. I'm okay and you're okay. That's all that matter."

He groans and pulls her back into him, stuffing his face in her neck and breathing in her sweet scent. "Idiot."