Chapter Seventeen: You're All Dead

Chin-sun is surprised that Na-yeon doesn't immediately offer her up to him. She just shakes and avoids eye contact, waiting for them to make a decision. Chin-sun hates how she feels bad for the person who killed Gyeong-su. Damn her sensitive heart.

"Neither." Chin-sun tells him. "Can't you go eat some bunny?"

He sighs, looking Na-yeon over knowing he won't hurt the girl he's been in love with for years. He thought if he became cool then she would finally be with him. Instead, he just became the bullies gopher and further the distance between them. He didn't care that she didn't actually want to kiss him, she did anyway and that's all that matters to him. Honestly, he wouldn't have let her die out there anyway, whether she agreed or not.

"Babe." He steps forward. "That's gross."

"But eating a person isn't?" She shoves away his hand as he goes to tuck it behind her ear. 

"Fiesty today, aren't we." He leans closer to her face from him being so tall. "Maybe I should eat you."

"No." Na-yeon cries, tears falling from her eyes to the floor. "If anyone deserves to die, it's me. I killed Gyeong-su and Ms. Park. Chin-sun...she doesn't deserve to die."

"No one deserves to die, Na-yeon." Chin-sun tells her, glad that the girl is finally realizing her mistakes. Maybe the fear truly went to her head. "We're both going to make it."

"You think I'm just going to let you both go?"

"Let Na-yeon go and I'll stay with you." She tells him, "Give them the food and drinks. I know they're starving...I am."

Na-yeon widens her eyes. "You are too nice...so much of a better person than me."

"We learn from our mistakes." She tells her, grabbing one of her hands. "Just apologize profusely and show that you've changed. Cheong-san...he's gonna need more time than the others."

"Cheong-san..." Gwi-nam mutters. "That bastard owes me an eye."

"H-How?" Na-yeon ignores Gwi-nam.

"Um." Chin-sun looks around. "The door is locked and there are a lot of zombies up there right now, so."

"I'll take her." Gwi-nam gives a devilish grin.

"If?" Chin-sun grits through her teeth.

"You let me bite you...right, here." He yanks her head to the side by her hair and places a kiss in the nape of her neck.

She shakes her head and shoves him. "No way."

He turns his attention to Na-yeon. "So her."

"Stop!" She steps in front but he shoves her aside, gripping Na-yeon's neck and lifting her up. She chokes on her own air as he tightens his grip. "Fine!" She snaps, jumping to get him off of Na-yeon. "I don't want anyone else to die! Too many have. I mean have you seen the school? Everyone is dead and there's only so many of us left! It's bad enough they're killing us do we really have to be killing each other too?"

He drops Na-yeon who scrambles to put the stuff back in the bag from when she dropped it. He turns back to Chin-sun to see her crying from frustration. He feels bad to be the one doing this to her. "I'll give her a ten minute head start before I go after her."

"She can't go out there." Chin-sun complains.

"She can climb though. Use the ledges and poles." He explains with a shrug as he shoves his hands into his pockets. "It's what I was going to do."

Chin-sun bites her lip as she glances to Na-yeon who stands and slides the bag on like a backpack with a strap on each shoulder. It looks funky but it'll work. "Okay." She nods and Na-yeon heads to the window, climbing out. "Be careful."