Chapter Ten: Unforgivable doings

Sorry for the wait. Enjoy :)

Cheong-san refuses to give On-jo any sort of attention as she continues to attempt to comfort her child hood friend. After her many failed tries, she releases a beaten sigh, turning around and settling her gaze on the girl who looks exhausted and leans against their class president. She knows that Cheong-san has been talking to her and closer to her than he ever has been before this all happened. She wonders if maybe he will open up to her instead.

With a defeated sigh, she walks over to the two. "You...should talk to him." Her voice is tight, hinting at her annoyance with how it's not herself that he finds comfort in. "He may talk to you."

Chin-sun gives On-jo a weak smile and with a nod she stands up. Her eyes glide over to the boy who much resembles a statue, hiding everything that he is feeling. She makes her way over, On-jo taking her spot next to Nam-ra.

"I'm here for you." Her soft voice resonates in his ears, placing a hand over his own that rests on the windowsill. "Whatever you need; if you need to talk, cry, or just stand in silence."

For the first time since Gyeong-su's death, he looks back and meets someone else's eye-line. It is only then that she is able to see that he has silent tears rolling down his cheeks and notice the way his lip quivers as he is on the brink of losing all control. She does not need to be told that he is in need of a hug.

Without a second thought, she pulls him into her arms. He falls into them, clutching her jacket in his fist as they slide down to sit since she is unable to hold them both up. He cries into her shoulder and she holds him as close to her as is physically possible. Her cheek is pressed to the top of his head and her eyes shut tight as is her chest when seeing how much pain he is in.

He has just lost his best friend, someone whom he grew up with. Much like On-jo and the others he needs to let it out rather than allow it to bottle up. It is the only way they all can move forward as a group.

"That asshole." Dae-su sobs as Wu-jin hands him some tissue to blows his nose. "Why did you have to turn?"

"I told you all." Na-yeon speaks up. "He was infected."

"Well, are you happy now?" Dae-su gives her a look of disbelief. 

Is this something she wanted to be right about? Did she want to be right about Gyeong-su dying? Does she find satisfaction in that?

"You were all wrong. Only I was right." She continues to pour salt onto the wound.

"For once in your life, Na-yeon, shut up." Chin-sun looks up from holding a sobbing Cheong-san in her arms to glare at the unbothered female. "We all just lost another friend and you're gloating? Does being right matter that much to you?"

Na-yeon just smirks at the other female. "I was right."

"Congrats." Chin-sun bitterly replies, shaking her head at how defensive she is being. Read the room. "You were right and Gyeong-su is dead. I hope you feel real good about it."

Na-yeon breaks their eye contact to look around the room at all the grim expressions. "What would you even do without me?"

Chin-sun ignores her and looks down to Cheong-san, his hand gripping the grey zip up jacket she has over her uniform. She rubs up and down his back wishing that she could take some, if not all, his pain away.

"Hey." Nam-ra speaks up, everyone looking over to the female who barely speaks. "Maybe you did it." She moves over and positions herself in front of where Na-yeon sits. "I saw everything."

Chin-sun, much like everyone else, looks back and forth between the two as tension builds. Na-yeon stands, tilting her head up in the slightest so that she is able to stare down at Nam-ra. "What? What did you see?"