Chapter Fifteen: Halfbie

Not edited...are we surprised? haha no. But I am happy that so many of ya'll like this.

-

"Cheong-san, stop!" Chin-sun tries to pull him away from Su-hyeok.

"She was going to kill him." Cheong-san fights back, trying hard not to hurt her but get her off of him.

"He's not bleeding. Look at him; she didn't break any skin." She pulls him back once more, making him turn to face her. "She's different. Anyone with eyes can see and she didn't even hurt Su-hyeok."

"There's no wound." Dae-su admits, going around and standing by Chin-sun in sign of support. She gives him a thankful smile. "She was bitten and she's still...human?"

"Exactly." Chin-sun breathes out, Su-hyeok moving to help Nam-ra who slides from the window and looks weak. "She is fine which means that she will be fine."

"Stop being stubborn." On-jo comes between Chin-sun and Cheong-san, positioning herself and thinking that he would listen more to her. "Put it down."

He sighs knowing that he has less people on his side than Nam-ra. "Fine." He tells them and On-jo smiles thinking that she is the one that changed his mind. She reaches out and grips his hand. He glances down to it, as does everyone else and Chin-sun cannot help the jealousy that flares up. "Why are you holding my hand? I'm not doing anything."

"Can I talk to you?" Chin-sun tries to hide the anger in her tone as she looks around On-jo and to Cheong-san.

"Regardless of whether she did it or not, she was going to bite him." Jimin points out, not letting the conversation about Nam-ra be over.

"I wanted to bite him and if I didn't come to my senses I would've." Nam-ra admits, Chin-sun cursing to herself about how her friend cannot keep quiet about some things that should not be said. "I shouldn't be here anymore."

"Stop!" Chin-sun yelled, frustration eating her alive. "Yes she's not normal or completely a zombie."

"Halfbie?" Dae-su wonders aloud. They glance at him as he shrugs. "Half zombie, half not."

"Yes. She's a halfbie. She's still our friend and class president." Chin-sun tells them all. "I don't want to lose anyone else. If she goes, I go."

"Chin-sun, stop." On-jo walks over. "No one has to leave."

"This is wrong." Jimin hisses, standing firm and reminding Chin-sun of Na-yeon. "She's not doing anything now but whose to say what she'll do when she turns?"

"She's not turning!" Chin-sun glares at the other. "She has no symptoms."

"Visibly." Jimin counters. "Her mind is telling her to eat us."

"Perhaps she can start with you." Chin-sun says out of anger. She sighs realizing her mistake. "Jimin, I'm sorry for saying that. You didn't deserve it but I'm not sorry for fighting for my friend."

"She has zombie blood in her veins." Jimin continues, "Zombies killed my mom and my dad. My mom."

Su-hyeok sighs and goes around everyone to Nam-ra. He takes a piece of fabric and ties it tightly around his own wrist and Nam-ra's. "Happy? This way she can't get to you if she turns. I'll get bitten instead."

Chin-sun is happy that Nam-ra has someone that cares about her just as much as she does. "Problems solved." She releases a breath and turns to the others.

The others have no further objections and go back to sit in a circle as they were before. Nam-ra and Su-hyeok sit away, not wanting to get close to Jimin who is so against he staying. Chin-sun was going to sit with them but decides to give the two some alone time. She smirks to herself and goes to sit in the open seat by Wu-jin.

Cheong-san stands from his own and waves Wu-jin to scoot down a chair and be next to Dae-su. He falls into his chair, On-jo's eyes on both. "You wanted to talk to me."

She glances to him remembering how there were many things on her mind. "I just...wanted to make sure we're okay." She clarifies. "I know we don't agree on the Nam-ra situation but it's not because I don't trust or believe you."

He gives her a smile and reaches out his hand for her to put hers in. "I know." She sighs in relief and allows him to tangle their fingers together. "I'd do the same for Gyeong-su, but don't try to get yourself killed like that. You shouldn't go out."

She thinks and then gives him a nod. The others watch the exchange between the two and On-jo is confused as to why it bothers her as much as it does. She likes Su-hyeok, not Cheong-san. Something about the way he looks at the girl, the way he scoots his chair closer so that Chin-sun can turn and lean into him, makes her blood boil.

"I know that there are more pressing matters but..." Chin-sun says lowly to Cheong-san as she plays with his fingers from his arm being wrapped around him. "is it bad time to ask you what that kiss meant?"

He grins, glancing at the others as they talk about food, water, and things like iced vanilla lattes. "Depends."

"On?"

"If you enjoyed it."

She blushes, pausing her movements for a beat before continuing. "I think you know the answer. I went for another."

He rolls his eyes. "That was to distract me."

"I had to." She tells him. "Plus...I wanted to."

"I know." He cheekily replies and she swats his hand. He glances to the others who are distracted and places a fast kiss on the side of her head. "I like you." He whispers into her ear, furthering her blush. "I have for awhile."

She turns to face him, sitting up. "I think I have too but it wasn't until...I realized then that I didn't care for you just as a friend like the others." Their voices are so low that the others can't make out what they're saying but they know they're talking.

"What are you guys mumbling about?" Dae-su pouts, hating to be left out.

"You're ruining their moment." Wu-jin smacks him over the head.

The pair laugh embarrassed but don't deny anything. "He's professing his undying love for me." Chin-sun jokes, getting Cheong-san to roll his eyes again.

"Shut up." He scoots back but Chin-sun pulls him back to her.

"Make me." She laughs as his own cheeks tint but he just soaks in her presence as she leans her head onto his shoulder. Her eyes move over to see Nam-ra and Su-hyeok talking. 

"How can you guys act like that when there is a zombie in the room?" Jimin judges. "Why even start a relationship when this is all going on?"

"Stop it." Chin-sun picks up her head and looks to the girl. "Nam-ra isn't a zombie."

"Halfbie." Dae-su agrees.

"As for our..." Chin-sun looks to Cheong-san. "relationship?" He grabs her hand and gives a nod. She smiles and then it drops as she looks back to Jimin. "I feel like there is no better time then right now. If not now, then when? What if one of us dies and we wasted all this time hiding our feelings."

Dae-su nods in agreement. "They're right. Wu-jin." He turns to his friend. "I'm going to tell your sister I love her when we get out of here."

Wu-jin hits him once more. "She already does, shit head."

"She does?"

"Yes." He groans.

"Well," He picks his head back up. "I'm going to ask her to marry me brother-in-law."

"Shut up."