"be my guest it look harder than it is"

Warning long chapter

Y/N pov

I had just got up, I should've been up at the crack of dawn. I walked to the kitchen to see if there anything to eat or I could make when I hear Tenzin voice "That sport is a mockery of the noble tradition of bending" what are they talking about I wonder. "Come on, Tenzin! I've dreamed about seeing a pro-bending match since I was a kid and now I'm just a ferry ride away from" I hear Korra say. So this is about pro-bending I knew Tenzin would never agree to it. I walked into the kitchen so that I could get something to eat or cook as I walked the both of them turned their heads to see me waking in "good morning Y/N" Tenzin said, I nodded my head to acknowledge him that heard him. Tenzin than turned his head back to Korra and said "Korra, you're not here to watch that drivel. You're here to finish your Avatar training" I look at Korra and see her face is filled with disappointment "So, for the time being, I want you to remain on the island" "all right, you're the master" Korra said sadly as she looked out the window.

As the both of them got up and walked I followed I walked beside Korra and I knew than that Tenzin had something important to say "So, my mother informed me that you've never been able to airbend before" "Yeah, but I don't know why. The other elements came so easily to me, but every single time I've tried airbending, nothing" Korra said frustrated with her left hand on her hip. I put my hand on her shoulder to give her some comfort and it does she turned her head and gave me a smile as I gave her a faint smile of my own which I quickly replaced it with a neutral face.

Placing his right hand on her shoulder "That's perfectly all right. You just need to be patient. Often the element that's the most difficult for the Avatar to master is the one most opposite to the Avatar's personality. For Aang, it was earthbending" "Yeah. Well, I'm about as opposite an airbender as you can get." Korra say sadly, I just shook my head and it was true she was but thats doesn't define her and I told her the multiple times but she never listens. We started walking as Tenzin spoke "Let's begin your first lesson" Korra looked at the airbending master dumbfoundead about what he was saying as we walked up the stairs we saw the three airbending kids Ikki was jumping excitedly while screaming "Korra's gonna airbend! Korra's gonna airbend!" Jinora in the other hand stood there solemnly and than Meelo just doing his own thing.

"What is that contraption" Korra said slightly amused to see the spinning gates "A time honored tool that teaches the most fundamental aspect of airbending. Jinora, would you like to explain this exercise?" Jinora step forward and walk closer to the spinning gates and stared explaining "The goal is to weave your way through the gates and make it to the other side without touching them" "Seems easy enough" Korra confidently said I doubt that Korra. Now it was Ikki's truns to say something "Jinora forgot to say that you have to make it through while the gates are spinning" she say said with some much energy "sprites where does she get her energy" I think to my self that girl has a lot.

Tenzin step forward and took an air bending stance his hands above his head than he thrust his hand forward, releasing a bust of air. 'Well Korra good luck' I think to myself, as keep watching Tenzin coat is blowing behind him with the amount of he just airbent I switch my focus back onto the gates and it's spinning like a lot. Tenzin had a left in his hand, he than let it go of the leaf gently "The key is to be like the leaf." Tenzin said as I watched the leaf movements as the leaf want thought the gates it never touched the gate even once "Jinora will demonstrate" Tenzin said with a serious face and looking down at Jinora as she looked up at her dad.

Jinora stepped forward and airbent the gates than she step into the spinning gates her hand held up to her face as tenzin watched his oldest daughter. Waving her way though the gates switching direction each time a spinning panel came near her "airbending is all about spiral movements. When you meet resistance, you must be able to switch direction at a moment's notice" I already knew about as I studied and learn all forms of bending. Jinora exited in the other side of the gates the panels were now being to slow down. Jinora truned around than blow a gust of air making the panels spin rapidly again and here I am standing next to Tenzin as thinking I could maybe I cloud I have never done the spinning gates.