Chapter 15

MOB: CHAPTER 15 – A DEVELOPMENT WORSE THAN THE MANGA?

Posted by Januva | May 19, 2017 | Mob | 13  |     

Chapter 15 – A development worse than the manga?

TL: Januva

Editor: Yoong & Puissansa

First Published on Ainushi

As I looked at Kei-san’s smile in surprise, Ani-san called me from the side and I turned my head.

Ani-san had a pained look on his face, which overcame me with surprise yet again.

「If anything happens, I will protect this country. I will do everything I can to protect it.

That’s why, no matter what happens, I can’t help Az in that situation, – even though you are important to me.」

Nn? How did it come to that? What’s he saying with such a painful look on his face? I’m happy to hear that I’m important to him, but….

「Isn’t that natural? You are probably disappointed….since I’m someone who would turn his back on the country. Despite what I said earlier, I do think that the task of making people responsible for their own power is important. So you shouldn’t be concerned about me. I’m happy to hear that I’m important to you though. Thank you!

I’m sure that Ani-san will protect this country well, even if such a task does not exist.」

「Of course! This country, the King and the citizens are more important to me than anything else in the world! 」

He declared with a serious look. This is true “patriotism”, isn’t it? It’d be good if all nobles are like him. Although nothing will change even if I think this way, I still think so anyway. His patriotism is truly precious.

He devotes himself to the country because of the oath, and his patriotism comes along with it. Nn? Is patriotism a part of the oath…is it included in the oath?

「It’s because people like Ani-san exist that the people of this country can live peacefully.

If entering the academy requires an “oath”, then wouldn’t there be another oath for the people going to work in the palace as well? Since it’s the palace, wouldn’t the oath be stricter as well? Patriotism, or rather, obedience will be required? 」

That seemed to be the case, as the 2 of them nodded. So that’s how it is. Something like a pledge of allegiance? Just what is included in it? I want to know, but at the same time, I don’t think I want to find out. Well, it’s quite common. With the premise of using their strength for the sake of the country, they can’t hurt the King, the royalty and others. They can’t use power for their own benefits as well. It’s to prevent rebellions.

The patriotism that comes from the oath – being forced to protect the country – is different from true patriotism that comes from the heart. There’s no meaning to it if only the form of patriotism is there. Nn? Somehow I’m concerned about this? Why? Well, it doesn’t matter!

「Although it might be a relief to have an oath, just that alone is useless. Particularly, the contents of the oath, patriotism or obedience or such…」