Chapter 30

MOB: CHAPTER 30 - BEYOND SELF-SATISFACTION

Posted by Krrizis Ainushi | Mar 5, 2018 | Mob | 22 |

Mob: Chapter 30 - Beyond self-satisfaction

Editor: Puissansa

QC: LadyBlue

First published on Ainushi

While I was frozen on the spot, Suou moved to the closest man in black collapsed on the floor. He crouched beside him and searched him. After a while, he looked up at me.

[They can't be saved. Look at this]

I went forward and looked at where his finger was pointing at. Some kind of magic circle was among the bloody lumps that could barely be made out to be human..

[This is?]

When I asked him, Suou scrunched up his eyebrows and opened his mouth, as if he detested it.

[This is magic that is currently forbidden in any country. It is one of the so-called forbidden arts. Moreover, this magic circle was cast over and over again.

Brainwashing is invoked in a consistent form; their unclear remarks when we confronted them on the street must be because of this. I don't know when were they brainwashed, but after a physical breakdown from the inside of their body and psychological breakdown as well, up till when everything ends, this magic circle was permanently secured so it would not lose effect. When they die, the effect ceases.It was even fixed such that the magic power won't leave any traces of the magic circle and caster. All that is left will be pieces of human meat.

Although the possibility is extremely low, even if they were to have survived, their mind would have been broken and you won't be able to say that they are humans anymore.]

Suou traced the magic circle as he started to ponder, so I didn't say anything.

There was too much information, so much that my understanding couldn't catch up with the words and so I was unable to say anything.

Since the attack was from the inside of the body, my protection magic wouldn't work. After all, protection magic only works against attacks from the outside. I didn't even think they would be attacked from the inside.

[Is this?...But, this is strange. The magic circle is working. It caused physical and psychological breakdown. It was working normally, but he didn't die. Usually, you would die from just one invocation. Hm? He is recovering a little? But even if he recovers, he will breakdown once again...then it repeats. It is a living hell. It is worse than any torture. It would be easier to just die.]

I gulped at Suou's words. If what Suou said is true, then it is probably because of my magic. If I didn't cast protection magic on them, then they would have died already. It's because of me.

I couldn't breathe. I gritted my teeth and clenched my hands. My eyes started to get hot.

[I, I...I, didn't want this to happen!]

I shouted unintentionally. If I didn't, the urge coursing through my body could have blown everything away.

[Hey? What's wrong?]