|| Hard to Accept ||

The whole night,Avni wasn't able to sleep. She could hear his voice calling 'Mommy' his cries still breaking her heart, but she is helpless. she was roaming in her room. Her mind saying her to call Neil and ask him, but she was hesitating. She never felt hesitant to call him, but now.. Their relationship at this stake, ending on Awkwardness, Hesitation.

Her phone rang,her face lit up, It was her papa ji's call,"hello papaji!"-"Avni beta, will you come here?"now? Asked prakash. "Everything's fine right? Is something with Nithi? Is he fine?"Avni becamw worried,"Actually, Nithin is having a mild fever. And he is constanyly asking for you. Please Avni come here. He is crying!" Prakash sighed, sadly. The guilt of not being able to do for his daughter eating him up, "I'll.. I'll be there, papaji." Avni said, quickly and hung the call. She desperately changed her clothes, grabbed her keys and a jacket and left to Khanna house.

She sighed deeply gathering the courage, before she stepped into the 'house'. It's a House, it's not her home."Avni you came? Thank goodness, we were waiting for you. I tried so many times to make Nithin calm, but he wasn't even listening me." Nandini spoke. Avni smiled awkwardly, "I.. I will check on him." Avni left to his room, with her heart beating faster. Nandini sighed, Avni felt awkward to evem talk to her, it hits her hard.

Avni was climbing the stairs, when Manik came down. He stopped seeing her so as she. His eyes suddenly filled with tears, seeing her ruddy eyes, red face and those dark circles around her eyes. Avni didn't even smiled, just walked past him not even looking at him. She is angry on him, more than she is to anyone. She thought, atleast he would believe her, would trust her, but he was also as same as Neil. Somewhere, it ached his heart, seeing her behaving like a stranger to him.

"Avni puttar, chalo. Nithin is crying for you."Bebe said as she saw Avni. Avni nodded and left to Nithin's room,"Nithi!" Avni called him. His face lit up,he know only his mommy calls him Nithi. He smiled still in tears and ran to her, leaving Neil who was consoling him."Mommy!" Nithin yelled happily and hugged her, bursting into fits of sobs, "I missed you."-"Shh, baby don't cry. Mommy is here, for you." She whispered pecking his hairs caressing them. He was still hiccupping and clinging to her, Avni had to pick him as he didn't moved. Avni caressed his back, "Baby don't cry. You will get sick again." Avni consoled him. He sniffed and looked at her, then again placing his head on her neck, showing how much he missed her. Neil's already guilt filled heart ached again. Why can't he form a bond with him like that? He asked. He wanted to be with his son, but in the rush, ego, agony and hatred he forgot it's hurting him.

Avni made him lay next to Neil, who was sitting there. She was about to go when Nithin held her hands, "Are you going?" He chided. His red nose all red, as he sniffed, "No.. Mommy is going to get you medicine. I promise. I'll be back now."Avni kissed his forehead. Unknowingly, she looked at Neil who was looking at her already. She never wanted to submerge in his eyes, but it made her mesmerized, like always. Those eye to eye contacts had brought happiness to them, and now those only bring pain.

Avni was quick to distract her gaze from him. She took the medicine and gave Nithin. He felt relaxed after getting the medicine,but was still clinging to Avni."shh sleep baby,it's quite late." Avni patted his head,trying to make him sleep."No!" He spoke adamantly grasping her,"No..mommy will go if I sleep." He sniffed again,his eyes covering in tears."No,Mommy will not go anywhere Nithi,"Neil spoke,taking Avni's attention."Sachi Dada!? Mommy won't go anywhere?" He again asked,out of excitement,"Muchi. Now sleep. It's late." Neil said pinching his nose,he giggled. Avni felt to freeze this moment,and preserve it forever."Will you both sleep with me,here?" He asked cutely,his one wish,"Atleast for one time. Please?" How can they deny their little peice.

Neil changed his clothes and joined them on bed. He felt thrilled,after sleeping with her after five years. They both could feel the tension rise in between them. Nithin felt happy,he hugged them both and surrendered to sleep.