|| Smoke? ||

I watched her,as she went in shooting me those questions which made me drown in guilt yet again. I wiped my tears,which kept on flowing again and again. It was out of my control. Now,All I can do is to drown in guilt and regret. But,regret can't make things alright.

I know.

I sighed, but thinking about him,Mr.Whatever made me angry. So much. The way he held her hand,the way he called her Avu,the way she talked to him,everything is making me so much angry!

Ugh!

I sighed,and walked inside. There was Avni talking with Papa. Only to him. She wasn't even sparing a glance at Mom. Mom was there,sitting looking at her with guilt filled eyes. But,she has changed. A lot. A lot more far, that we can't bring her back even.

"And papaji,This is Sharad,my friend."Avni introduced him to Papa. Okay,so Mister Monkey's real name is Sharad. Eww what a pathetic name!

I shrugged of my thoughts,and now all I want is to see my baby. Nithin was so much scared and emotional and I wasn't able to understand it.

I'm a messed up useless thing in this world!

I hurts everyone,now my little baby also.

I silently walked towards his room. I saw Avni looking at me,but i don't have the strength to look at her eyes,after what she questioned me a few minutes ago.

The most pathetic husband was I, who made his wife cry almost every day!

When I reached,Nithin was silent. He was laying on his stomach on the bed lost in his thoughts. I heard him sniffing. My heart pained. It's all me who started these all. I brought Juhi home,and only that's why Vidyut entered our life and destroyed it. Now he is making my baby cry who has nothing to do with this matter,who don't know anything about it.

"Nithi"I called him. I don't know why I called him 'Nithi' but i felt so. I want him to know, his father loves him,atleast.

"Dadda" He called me,as he snapped towards me. His innocent doe eyes were a pool of tears. His fare skin was red and he was still quivering and hiccuping. His innocent voice made my heart break. Every time,he calls me Dada,I felt a different feeling. But now,when he called me,I felt his pain. Maybe he wanted me to share his pain but I was a fool.

"Why are you crying baby?" I asked as I sat beside him,scooping him in my arms. I caressed his cheek and made him look at me."I hurted Mommy a lot,Ain't I?"He asked,his face fell down in disappointment. His mommy is his life.

"No,it's fine. Mommy is not angry for you. Why didn't you tell me the truth?" I softly caressed his cheek and wiped his tears. He still hiccuped. An unknown fear passed through his eyes.

"Wha-what..truth Dada?"

"Shh,don't get scared baby. It's only me,your Dada. I know the truth. No one will never hurt you again." I said,as I held him close to my chest rocking his back as he sobbed hard.

"That..that unce(uncle) is so bad. He threatened me..Dada. He..he said he will kill Mommy and Dada..I want you both." He cried and hugged me tightly. My insides clenched at how vulnerable my child is.

I kissed his forehead, "Dada will always protect you and your mommy, no matter what"

__

Avni's POV

I got in,after talking to Neil. I really wanted him to know,how I felt. He broke all his promises. Just like,Ashish Mehta did. And as I got in,There I saw Mitali and Shwetha I mean Neil's mother standing there. She seemed least interest in Mitali's blabbering. Of course,who would be interested to hear the hissing of a lizard. Eww! I hate them. A lot!

When Mitali saw me,She just stood rooted in the place,her eyes reflecting fear. And then suddenly I smirked. She very well remembers my threat. But Mrs.Khanna had a different expression. I failed to decipher what it meant. It is obvious,I always failed to decipher her expression.

Ignoring them,I saw Papaji coming downstairs. I said Sharad to walk with me. When Papaji saw me,he hugged me. We talked for a little time and then I introduced Sharad to Papaji.

Ofcourse I told him everything before landing here again.

When we were talking I saw Neil heading upstairs. He didn't even looked at me. Well who cares,if he looks at me?

__

I stopped abruptly after hearing Neil and Nithin's conversation. He was a good father,maybe. He handled nithin very well. Maybe,he was guilty. Neil is an unpredictable man. And somewhere,in my heart I wished I was there and...a family hug. A lone tear passed my cheeks. Sharad assured me blinking his eyes. I smiled at him getting inside. Before entering, I sighed deeply.

"Nithi" I called,Nervously. The last encounter i had with him made me nervous. Even though,I know he was scared,but I felt awkward all of a sudden.

He snapped his head towards me. His eyes shining. His eyes had tears,which pricked my heart.

"Mommy" He chirped. His voice choked. Eyes flooded. I missed this,his voice and the excitement in his voice when he calls me mommy.

"Nithi" I cried. My eyes blurred. I missed him,so so much. He ran to me,straightly hugging me. My heart filled with warm,This was all I needed. He can heal my wounds. His little hugs are worth of everything. I needed this. Suddenly,I felt him sniffing,"oh my baby..Don't cry.." I said,scooping him in my arms. He sobbed hard more. He must be feeling guilty. I know,"I'm so sorry Mommy. I'm sorry!" He cried again and again.

"Shh..it's okay"

I rubbed his back. All I want to do now is let him feel all the motherly warmth and love I can give him. I want to ensure him by protecting him under my wings.

"You..you aren't angry on me?" He asked,cutely yet vulnerably. His eyes all ruddy."No..baby. How can mommy get ever angry on her baby?" I cooed him kissing his cheeks. Atlast,his lips blossomed a smile. Thank goodness! I needed this.

"Smile like that baby!" I said and hugged him,while he giggled. My prince.

From the corner of my eyes,I saw Neil staring at us adorably and shooting Sharad glaring. Iska kuch nahi ho sakta. Idiot guava!

"Nithin Meet Sharad, Mommy's friend" I introduced Nithin to Sharad who smiled at us,"Hi" Nithin chirped. He is an extrovert who mingles with every person easily,but at the same time he is too scared too,when anyone scolds him or scolds anyone he loves.

"Hey Champ..how are you?" Sharad chirped along with him handshaking him. And accidently when I turned,I saw Neil looking like a bull. His face looked like he'll burst in a second. His ears turned pink and he looked least Interested in Sharad.

The amount of smoke was less,however. I laughed mentally looking at him.

But the possessive question he asked me,the way he doesn't loves anyone near me rather than him made me feel happy again.

He still possess for me!
__

Yo! Well,As much as I try to not write,but I can't..I'm addicted.
*sniffs*

How's the track going?

Much love
H ❤

Hey wait! Don't go without filling my comment box and voting!

Bye bye 👋