I'm Back

2 years later.......

  A gracious proclamation of the rising sun was made by sunlight streaming through the window. Yunqing awoke from her sleep and let out a lazy yawn. She then got out of bed, went to the bathroom, and took care of her personal hygiene. After that, she changed into some sports leggings and went for a run, as she had done every day for the previous two years.

She returned to the villa and took a shower after a two-hour run. She got out of the bath to put on her clothes. She would amaze everybody who saw her. Was she the overweight young woman from two years ago?

Yunqing has shed the additional weight while she's been here and transformed into a stunning woman. She now had a tapered waist and a physique that was imp-thin. She had a smooth, clear complexion, arched eyebrows that peered down on her sweeping eyelashes, and dainty ears that framed a button-nosed. Her bright red lips made a lovely contrast to her pearly-white teeth, as she grinned at her reflection in the mirror. She was even more seductive with her wet ebony hair cascading down her back as water droplets rolled onto her neck. She was a gorgeous woman.

Today was the day she would return to  Capital City so she prepared herself before going down to eat breakfast. She put on a white short dress, blue high heels, and rook a Louis Vuitton bag that matched her nails before bunning her hair and adding a blue hairpin. She didn't appear innocent or pure, but she also didn't appear flamboyant or overdressed. Despite having a straightforward appearance, she still looked lovely. She descended the stairs and sat down with her grandma to eat her breakfast. It was a simple breakfast of pancakes and soymilk but she still enjoyed her grandma's food very much.

"Are you prepared to return, sweetheart?" Her grandmother questioned her, her voice brimming with worry.

"Of course grandma! I can't hide forever you know? Plus, I'm going back with my lovely grandmother how could I not be fine?" Yunqing responded flattering her grandma in return.

"Aiya! Such a sweet mouth won't do you any good." In a pretended angry voice, her grandmother reprimanded.

"I know grandma that's why I only flatter you," Yunqing responded.

"Ok, ok eat so we can go, your mom hasn't seen you in almost a year, and you also have to meet your step-father." Her grandma reminded her.

Yunqing retorted in a scornful voice, "I might as well call him father, what had Liu Jao Ling done for me in the past for me to call him father?"

Grandma Liu didn't seem phased by this sentence at all, even though the boy was her own son who she had given birth to. She wouldn't pretend to not love her son—she did—but she also wouldn't force her lovely granddaughter, who had been wounded by her ungrateful son, to get along well with him. Over the years, her feelings for her son have waned, but she still loves him; how could she not? But over the years, she gradually became more heartless as she saw her son develop into such a scumbag.

Although she adored her daughter-in-law, she favored her son more. The arranged marriage would not have taken place if her son had the courage to resist the pressure and wed a person from a humble background. It was her son who decided to wed someone he did not love in order to avoid the pressure of marrying someone from a lesser social standing than him. She was not like those wicked moms who manipulated their sons, and she wouldn't have any problem with him marrying someone from different status.

Her son was aware of the repercussions of marrying a person with no social standing. He had to be there constantly to keep her safe, he would have to work harder at the company, and the company could have lost its ranking due to a loss of reputation.