Inspiration

Almost a week had gone by and it was already Monday again and the design homework was due on Wednesday. She really didn't know what defined her as a person. She went to Hao Weisheng to get some help but all he said was that he could never define her as a person since he was not her. Yunqing felt a little frustrated and unreasonably argued with him but she knew he was only telling the truth.

So today she decided to go out and find inspiration. She thought that if she was out, in nature, she would have some inspiration but nothing came, so she could only give up. She went to get ice cream lamenting how she was going to fail her very first assignment. As she ate her ice cream she noticed a little boy squatting and crying.

"Little boy, why are you crying?" She had always had a sensitive spot for kids, that's why she was kicked out of her gang in her past life.

"I lost my mommy!" The boy managed to say in between his sobs. 

"Do you want me to help you find your mommy?" The kids might be in a vulnerable position right now but that didn't necessarily mean that he would comfortable with a stranger and accept her help.

"Yes, please," Contrary to Yunqing's complicated thoughts, the moment the kids saw how pretty she was, he immediately marked her as a good person in his heart. In all the cartoons and princess movies he watched, the villain was always ugly, so in his heart such a pretty big sister could never be a bad guy.

"Okay, then big sister will help you. When did you last see your mom?" Yunqing asked before he took the little guy's hand.

"At the convenience store," The little boy responded.

"Okay let's go to the convenience store first," Yunqing said.

They went to the store and asked around, they walked near the neighborhood and asked if they had seen his mother based on the picture of a picture she found on the boy's baby watch.  It took them a good two hours before finally finding his mother. The mother and son had a teary reunion while the mother profusely thanked Yunqing.

While Yunqing politely denied her many thanks she couldn't help but remember her past life. Since she was born in the slums with a drug-addicted mother and an absent father, she didn't even have a childhood. To her mother, she was an accident that should have never happened, a burden to her already hard life. When she was about six and got lost for about two days nobody came to look for her for her. She had made her way back by herself. She thought her mom would at least be relieved that she had not died, but all her expectations were cruelly crashed when her mother muttered the words, 'Why did you come back' under her breath. That day she realized that she would never have a family she could call her own.

She knew from then on that she had to survive in some way without her mother. When the head of the local gang decided to sponsor some kids to go to school, she worked twice as hard and came out the best of the bunch. She was sent to study and left her mother's home. It was not like she was wanted. She ignored the fun, the friends, and the laughter and focused solely on succeeding. She was at the top of her grade and school, from her first year of studying to the last. 

She was a student but she was still part of the gang. Most of the business deals and calculations were left up to her. When she was eighteen she planned on going to college but the gang decided that they would no longer support her. With her grades, she thought a scholarship to the best college in China was not a big deal, but with her being affiliated with guns, no college wanted her. So she could only give up and become a bodyguard until she finally realized what her dreams were.

But even after knowing what she wanted to do, and working hard to achieve her goals death had caught up to her. But she was given another chance and she planned to take it, and have all of the things she didn't have in her last life.

Suddenly she felt a burst of emotions and decided that these emotions should be drawn with his pen.  As she made her way home, she hadn't realized that her actions of helping the boy were recorded, and uploaded on the internet.

As soon as she got home she took out her notebook and started designing the look she had in mind. She planned to call it, 'Second Chance,' because this would be the best to represent her as a person. This is her second shot at romance, familial love, schooling, and career. All of the things she didn't have in her past life she now has them, and her goal was to cherish them.