Prologue (Edited)

"The Beginning"

The first thing on my mind when my senses came back to me was the common question:

'Where am I?'

My memory became fuzzier the hardest I tried to remember, furrowing my eyebrows as I slowly fluttered my eyes open. My pupils retracted with the dim light around the cabin as I slowly straightened up in a siting position. Everything hurt as I moved, a small whimper falling from my lips as I looked around searching for something telling me where I was.

"Hello?" My voice sounded raspy, clearing my throat. I gripped it as soon as pain flared up. "Anyone?" My voice went down on a low whisper as I brushed my mated and tangled red hair behind my ears. My scared gazed swapped all the cabin until settling upon two laying figures. A startled gasp left my lips as I quickly made my way to them, kneeling between them "Hey" I whispered shakily, suddenly realizing something I hadn't when I woke up.

My head snapped up, wincing as an annoying crackling filled my ears. I held my head in pain as I looked around, finding a small torch on the wall. I stared at the colored fire which hurt my eyes and I realized the loud crackling was coming from the burnt wood. The rustling feathers distracted me and I snapped my head everywhere, whimpering "Stop it" I murmured to myself, gripping the sides of my head in pain.

I started hyperventilating, rocking on my place the longer I waited. I didn't want this, whatever was happening I wasn't liking it. And I didn't want to be alone for it.

As in cue of my thoughts, one of the figures laying next to me snapped his eyes open with startled loud gasp. I jumped, staring at him as his shocked eyes settled on the ceiling

"Are you alright?" I asked quietly, my accent thick. The young man's eyes flickered at me silently

"Klary?" The young man murmured, straightened up in a siting position not leaving his eyes from my face. It took me a second to recognized him

"Kol..." I murmured closing my eyes. Kol leaned forward wrapping his arms around me. I slid my arms around his torso and hiding my face on the crock of his neck "What the bloody hell happened?" I mumbled in confusion.

Kol pulled away, placing his hands on my shoulders. He looked down, giving a light shake of his head "I'm not sur-" he stopped talking suddenly, staring at the my nightgown in shock and fear. "Why are you bleeding?" He asked in a whisper.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Bleeding? How would I if I haven't- my eyes widened in alarm seeing a large puddle of blood staining the middle of my white nightgown. "Oh, my... " I started to crying, not remembering what happened. My eyes slowly traveled back up when something similar caught my eye on Kol's robes. "You too"

Kol looked down at his clothes, looking up in worry "It's alright, Klarebear" he murmured pulling me to his side, wrapping his arms around me. Right at that moment our other companion let out a loud gasp, waking up like we did.

"Finn" Kol breathed in relief.

Finn turned to face us, his eyebrows lowered in concern as his eyes flickered around our faces, making sure we were alright, starting his questioning "Are you both okay? What happened?" He crawled to us, giving us a long look after we didn't answer, not having anything to say

Before any of us could reply we had no idea what had happened to us, the cabin door was blasted open with a man standing right there watching us with a deadly serious expression.

I gulped, shrinking on Kol's grip. "Oh, so you all finally woke up. Perfect" he smirked. There was a glimmer on his eyes I did not like as he reached behind his back and pulling someone inside the cabin with him.