Chapter 4 (Edited)

After settling inside the house and compelling a human to sign the deed and invite me in, I snuggled on the coach, staring at the empty space in front of me, still processing what I had done.

I had let out the side of myself I hated the most. It made me feel sick. And that reassured me because it reminded me I was still somehow human. Humans could feel emotions. Could feel guilt. And I did.

I felt guilty for how I had made Ashley killing herself. I felt disgusted by my actions

"Honey, are you alright?" The human I compelled asked softly, sitting in front of me. She was a widowed 50 year old lady having her thinking I was her niece, living with her. "You're too quiet"

I looked up, sighing "Yeah, I am. I just..." I shook my head, "Nevermind. Have you seen my phone, Amanda?"

Amanda sighed, smiling slightly "If you say so" she said standing up "Yeah, actually I came to you for that. Here" she handed me my phone.

I frowned at it, seeing a few notification globes on the screen. I slid my finger on the screen, unlocking my phone and entering a chat room, clicking on my cousin's name.

'On my way'

I relaxed, nodding to myself before dialing a number and placing my phone on my ear

It didn't take more than five seconds when a voice answered over the other line "Evening, Klarysse"

"Elijah" I greeted politely. With him everything claimed respect and I liked that about him "Where are you?"

"In some business with an informant. I take it you remember Rose"

"Rose-Marie?" I frowned warily at the name, trying to remember her "Eh, the one whose blood turned Katerina?"

"And the friend of if I remember correctly your past lover"

I scowled over my phone. "Ah, that one. And for the millionth time. Trevor wasn't my lover"

Elijah chuckled slightly. "Of course not. Now, dear cousin. What brings you to call at this such unholy hour of the night?" I stayed quiet for a few seconds, fidgeting with my hair. "Klarysse?"

"It happened again" I breathed while blinking a few times, trying to keep my voice of breaking. I was met with a deadly silence. "I-I killed again like that, Elijah" I murmured. Suddenly, frantic footsteps started and I looked down at my phone in confusion

"Where are you?" Elijah asked. I strained my ears hearing a voice in the background. "I'm heading there first time in the morning"

"Mystic Falls" I croaked, clearing my throat. "I am fine however. You told me to call whenever it happened and I did. But there's no necessary you come. I am completely fine"

"You said that last time and almost an entire town was massacred" Elijah pointed out. "Those are the signs, Klarysse. We gotta keep it contained or who knows what would happen"

I sighed heavily, "Alright. You win. There are a few things I gotta discuss with you anyway"

"About the Doppelganger?" Elijah asked calmly thought I could sense his smile of triumph. Bloody bastard. "Rose actually communicated with me about that. She like you found a girl. Your words now confirm me she wasn't lying"

I looked down, "I remember how Trevor was loyal to her. By any chance was he with her?" Elijah didn't answer, "You're gonna kill them, aren't you?"

"You know we have a reputation to uphold, Klarysse" He said quietly.

I didn't say anything, "Make it quick for Trevor then" I said coldly. I closed my eyes swallowing at my own tone "I mean. No suffering"

Elijah sighed. "Just say the word, Klarysse. Just one word and I won't kill him. I'm not Niklaus"

"No. You're not" I agreed. "But, you're right. We have a reputation. If we spare all the time we're gonna be seen as weak and it'll prompt for others going against us as well. It's a message, Elijah"

Elijah didn't say anything for a few seconds, before he exhaled slowly "You have my word" he vowed. I sighed relieved. "As soon as I finish here, I'm meeting up with you, are you okay with that?"

"Perfect" I replied, smiling slightly.

"See you soon Klary"

"See you, Lijah"

I hung up, hugging my knees and staring at the floor. I knew whenever I began like this, there was no way to stop me. Only with either some humanity or temporal dead. Either way, i hope this time I could control it.

~8~

There was a Ball. A Masquerade Ball at the Lockwood's. I knew it was the perfect opportunity to blend in or find more information about the moonstone. Currently I was at boutique looking for a nice dress.

In my hands I held my phone as I spoke with Annika "I need you to make another spell"

"Wow, no hello?" Annika replied sarcastically, "Bitch Klary is back"

"That's what I'm talking about. Your family did this to me. You owe me, dear. So make a spell to keep that side dormant"

"Not with those manners"

"Annika" I growled, my eyes flashing dangerously at my own reflection. I took a deep breath closing my eyes and trying to relax my muscles "Please" I said through gritted teeth. She was the only one who could make me be polite.

"Alright" Annika said cheerfully. "It's gonna be ready for tomorrow. Don't let out your vamp side or you'll lose control, okay? Have you talked to Elijah?"

I rolled my eyes "He's aware" I said lifting a green dress. I furrowed my eyebrows at it, interested. "Don't worry"

"Good" Annika replied "Now, I gotta go. I'll call you when the spell's ready"

"Fantastic" I replied before I hung up. "You're pretty" I said with a smile looking at the dress.

~8~

Snooping around was indeed something me and Bekah were good at. Specially when it was about compelling other vampires. I knew the people around the Doppelgänger knew more than they should so I found myself compelling the Barbie Vampire, Caroline.

She spilled everything. How Katerina knew about the moonstone and almost had it if it weren't by the Salvatore Brothers and the Bennett Witch who were now in position of it. It made me feel relieved that after a long time, I knew exactly where the moonstone was. They had a plan. They planned to kill Katerina that same night. I immediately called Elijah, telling him about the moonstone. He also felt relieved though I couldn't help but notice the tone of his voice being odd. He was hiding something and wasn't telling me about it but it wasn't time to dwell on it.

The Masquerade Ball was the moment I was waiting for. For the moonstone and my revenge on Katherine for everything.