Chapter 17 (Edited)

"The Murder of One"

Now that the tree was gone, we could focus on the next more pressing matters.

Unlinking ourselves.

Rebekah and Klaus went to find Finn while I offered tracking down Kol. I knew he was at Denver, keeping an eye on Jeremy who Elena had compelled to leave town.

I walked closer when I saw Kol alone.

"Making friends?" I teased chuckling, a bag of popcorn in my hands as I watched him untie his baseball helmet, turning to face me with a grin. I wiped away a fake tear, grinning back "You make me proud, darling cousin"

Kol chuckled, "Dear cousin. What brings you by?"

I grabbed a handful of popcorn, eating one by one, "Your blood. Nik's working with Bonnie to unlink us"

Kol raised a brow, "And she's gonna cooperate easily, I assume?" He asked sarcastically, knowing the answer himself. No.

"That's why you're here, big cousin" I pointed at him, "We all know Gilbert is the resident witch's weak point"

Kol's grin widened, understanding what I meant "Oh, I love that diabolical mind of you" I shrugged "I'll send you pictures of our buddy time together, baby cousin"

We exchanged a smirk

~8~

Now with Kol's blood in a vial, along with mine, I returned to Klaus' mansion

I silently placed our blood vials in Klaus' hand with a smug grin in my face, "All ready if she doesn't want to play nice, Nik"

Klaus smiled pleasantly, "Excellent, little cousin"

A painful groan caught my attention, frowning. "Is that Damon?"

Klaus' grin widened, "Oh, yeah. Care to share why Rebekah's torturing him?"

I chuckled, "Oh, he deserves it. He played her" I shrugged, tilting my head aside. "And then, we burnt an entire bridge. Seems Bekah isn't satisfied by that outcome"

Klaus chuckled, walking toward the living room where we encountered Bonnie. The last time I properly saw her was at the sacrifice.

"Bonnie Bennett" I greeted cheerfully as Klaus handed her my blood and Kol's, "Long time without no see"

Bonnie didn't even look at me making my smile grow in amusement.

Klaus looked amused, "Be right back Klary" He gave me a look, practically telling me to behave.

I mock saluted him as he walked toward Rebekah's torture chamber.

I looked back at Bonnie with a smirk, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear, "You're still mad at me for tricking you, aren't you?"

Bonnie looked in, narrowing her eyes. Gotcha. "Speaking of which. How did you do that?"

I remained silent, placing a finger on my lips.

Another scream of pain resounded through the room making Bonnie wince. I looked unfazed, "That's probably Rebekah and her latest toy"

Bonnie shook her head, returning back to her grimroire.