Chapter 6 - Cazinoul din Constanța

Constanta, Romania - November 2021

Constanta is a city on southeastern Romania. Located on the western shore of the Black Sea. It was the fifth most populous city in Romania. Compared to New York City it was of course much less crowded, but y/n loved it. There were some tall buildings and skyscrapers there but there were also short story buildings with the classic European architecture, charming little stores and cafes.

The one thing she loved most about it was that it was located by the sea. They passed Mamaia, one of the most popular beach resort in Romania, on the way to Sebastian's family's apartment where they were going to stay. Since it was in the middle of winter the beach was almost empty, but during the summer it was always crowded. Y/n could see countless umbrellas on the beach, where people would sit under, sunbathing and just enjoying the view during the summer.

"We should come back here during the summer. You'll love it." Sebastian said, seeing how y/n's eyes was glued to the window when they passed Mamaia.

"Oh I would love that, Seb." She said.

"Yeah, but you'll have to be prepared beforehand. Otherwise you'd be surprised." Sebastian said grinning.

"Why would I be surprised?" Y/n asked curiously.

"Parts of the beach are nudist beach." Sebastian answered, grinning yet again.

"Oh okay.. now I know why you have no problem being naked on screen."

Y/n and Sebastian laughed.

Sebastian's family lived on Cismelei street, the street where Sebastian was born and grew up in. His aunt, his mother's sister, still lived there to this day with her family.

Cismelei street consisted of apartment blocks, charming short story buildings, cafes and little stores. There was a small park nearby and a playground where children could be seen playing on swings and slides.

"I can't believe the playground is still there after all these years." Sebastian commented as they got out of the taxi they took as their ride from the airport.

"I remember playing there everyday after I got home from school." He continued, reminiscing the time when he was still a small 7 year old boy, playing with his friends with not a care in the world.

Y/n could imagine it. She had seen photos of little Sebastian with his light brown almost blonde hair with a bowl cut, running around with his friends, going on slides and swings.
The thought warmed her heart.

"I'll play with you there if you want."
She said, smiling at him. Sebastian laughed.

"I don't think we'll fit in the swings nor slides. But we could just take a walk later." Sebastian said.

"Sure. I'd love to." Y/n said.

"Come on, let's meet my aunt and her family." Sebastian beckoned y/n to follow him.

Sebastian's aunt lived in an apartment block with her daughter and son in law, as well as her granddaughter and grandson. Her husband had passed away a couple of years ago.

The apartment was quite big for Constanta. It consisted of three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living room and a kitchen. It was located on the second floor of the building so they had to take the stairs to get there.

"Did you live right here on this building?" Y/n asked.

"Oh no..I lived just down the street, on an older apartment block." Sebastian replied as they arrived on his aunt's door.

Sebastian's mother knocked and moments later the door was opened. A woman looking very similar to Sebastian's mother was at the door. She smiled looking at them and said in Romanian.