Chapter 12 - Hanging By A Moment

Brooklyn, New York - November 2021

Y/n opened her eyes slowly. She found herself staring into a pair of the most beautiful blue eyes she had ever seen, the owner of which was the man she never thought she would ever be with. The man she thought she would always admire from afar but never got the chance to kiss or make love to. But apparently the universe was kind to her. This gorgeous man had fallen in love with her, as she had fallen for him. And the most surprising thing of all, he had fallen in love with her for as long as she had fallen for him. She wondered why it took them so long to finally be together. All those tears and heartbreaks over other men seemed pointless to her when the love of her life was right there in front of her this whole time. Well, everything must have happened for a reason, she thought. The most important thing was that they were finally together.

"Good morning beautiful." Sebastian greeted her as he brushed y/n's cheeks gently with his thumb. They were laying down on the bed on their sides, facing each other.

"Good morning, Seb." she smiled.

"How are you feeling today?" he asked while stroking her bare arm gently with his hand. She wasn't wearing anything, just covered her body with the sheets. He wasn't wearing anything either. They made love to each other over and over last night as if the world was ending and they only had one night to be together. They had fallen asleep right after as exhaustion finally took over.

"I've never been happier in my life." she stated as she remembered last night. She truly never felt happier.

"I'm happy to hear that, sweetheart." he said, smiling at her. He leaned in closer and gave her a soft kiss on the lips.

"Are you up for more happiness?" he asked with a twinkle in his eyes.

"Seb.. what are you up to?" she giggled.

"I'm hungry.. " he stated as he got up and pulled the sheets off her.

"No! Seb!" she giggled, trying to cover her naked upper body with her hands.

"I'm a hungry monster, I need to eat you or I'll go outside and eat innocent children." he said with a low growling voice. Then he leaned down and started kissing and biting her neck playfully.

"No! Help!" She laughed and giggled as he continued kissing her neck.

And so they spent their morning making love to each other again, making up for lost time, trying to compress twenty years into one single moment in time.

-----

Y/n took a bite of the egg sandwich Sebastian made for her. He insisted to cook breakfast for them that morning and as usual, he made his signature dish, the egg sandwich with avocado, tomatoes and sriracha, served with a side of bacon.

"Mmm... this is really good, Seb." y/n said appreciatively.

"Glad you like it, honey." he said as he took a seat next to her in the pantry and ate his portion of the egg sandwich.

"Can we talk about what to call each other? You've been calling me many names." y/n asked. He had been calling her many different endearing names from the usual 'sweetheart', 'honey', 'baby' to the more unusual but cute names such as 'cuddle bunny', 'sugar muffin', and 'cuddly wuddly'. She herself had only called him by his name. She usually called her boyfriends 'baby' or 'babe' but she felt it didn't fit him somehow. She thought he deserved a more special name.

"I love calling you many different endearing names.. 'cause you're everything to me, baby. You're my sugar muffin, cuddly wuddly, sweetie pie, beautiful queen and I can never get enough of you." Sebastian said, lifting her chin with his fingers and giving her a soft kiss on the lips, making her blush.