Chapter 18 - Talking to The Moon

Soho, New York City - December 2021

I know you're somewhere out there
Somewhere far away
I want you back, I want you back
My neighbors think I'm crazy
But they don't understand
You're all I had, you're all I had

At night, when the stars light up my room
I sit by myself

Talking to the moon
Trying to get to you
In hopes you're on the other side talking to me too
Or am I a fool who sits alone talking to the moon?

Sebastian sat on the window sill of his apartment, looking outside to the night sky above, where the full moon hung low and stars winked at him from light years away. The song Talking to The Moon by Bruno Mars came out of his speakers. It was so poetic and fit his current situation. He had spent every night for the past week after breaking up with Y/n, pining after her, missing her so much, wondering what she was doing and hoping she was okay.

His bad feelings that fateful Monday came true. The worst had happened. He had to leave her again. And worst of all, he had no choice about it. Somehow Ana still had control over his life even if she was far away half way across the world.

He wished he had another option than to obey Ana's wishes. But he was worried about the safety of his mother. Not knowing how serious Ana was about her threats to him, he decided to take the safest option, even if it meant breaking up with Y/n. However, he didn't want Y/n to think that what he did was out of his own free will. He wanted her to know that it was something beyond his control. So he left a hint for her which was a small piece of paper containing Ana's name. He slipped it into the envelope along with the break up letter that Ana had reviewed countless times before finally agreeing to it. He hoped Y/n would find it and understood why he had to leave her.

As he had promised, once he arrived at his apartment he gave Emma a call. He explained the situation to her and begged her to come up with a solution. Ana needed to be stopped. He couldn't bear thinking about having to spend more time with Ana once she gets back from Spain. And he couldn't bear to be away from Y/n. Breaking up with her was the last thing on his mind. She was his everything. There was no way he could ever leave her.

Emma was completely shocked upon knowing Ana had the guts to threaten to hurt Sebastian's mother. She promised that she, Mick and Josh would try to find a way out of the contract. In the mean time, she advised Sebastian to obey Ana's wishes and stayed away from Y/n for the time being.

Sebastian asked Emma to hire someone to guard his mother. Thankfully within 24 hours Emma was able to hire someone. The guard was hired to keep a look out after his mother discreetly. He was to report to Emma everyday and immediately let her know if anything happens to his mother. Sebastian didn't want her mother to panic, so he didn't tell her about Ana's threat and how he had hired a bodyguard to guard her. He wanted her to keep living her life normally. He hoped she would never have to know of Ana's threat on her well being.

One day after he did the unthinkable, he decided to buy a new phone. He couldn't stand not knowing how Y/n was doing. He was hoping they could still talk to each other using a new phone. He hoped Ana wouldn't find out about it. But boy was he wrong.

Sebastian bought a new phone from Amazon. He got the notification on his cellphone that it had been delivered, but clearly it hadn't. He had not received it. He got up from the sofa he was sitting on and opened his front door. There on his front door he found a man, tall, big and burly. He was wearing all black, and had sunglasses and a black cap on. He looked up at Sebastian as he opened the door and smiled at him. He was holding a package in his hand. Apparently he had received the new cellphone Sebastian had ordered.