he meets your parents

neil- neil has always had effortless charm and charisma and he was not lacking in such when he met your parents. he wanted to be respectful to your parents so he set up the whole meeting, going to the nicest restaurant in town, and paid for the whole thing. your parents LOVED him and demanded he stay in your life. it went better than you could have ever expected. 

todd- poor todd had no idea how to react to your fathers insistent questions and your mothers scathing wit, and sat quietly playing with your fingers for most of the dinner, looking to you for help constantly. your parents thought he was sweet and all, but mistook his anxiousness for disinterest and held that against him for a bit until you later had to explain it to them in private. 

charlie- charlie doesn't know when to shut up, and this will always be his downfall. in the case of lunch with your father, it certainly was. things seemed to be going well at first; light conversation, simple niceties, small compliments. that was, until charlie made an inappropriate comment and ruined the whole lunch. you forgave charlie for it, but you don't think your father ever will. 

knox- knox was a charmer. he brought flowers for your mom, talked business with your dad, and kept his usual touchiness to a minimum. the dinner went on for hours and he never faltered once, not even when your dad got pushy and started interrogating him. he knew when to talk, when to compliment, and when to smile and nod politely. your mother is already planning the wedding. 

pitts- it was the most nervous you have ever seen poor pittsie. he was shaking when he greeted your parents at lunch, and could barely get out a sentence. your mother thought it was sweet, but your dad thought he had no backbone and wanted more of a man for you. he was a bit helpless, but his love for you was very very evident, and eventually that won your father over in the end. 

meeks- meeks had a binder. meeks made conversation cards. meeks has no idea how to socialize normally and instead talked about school and random facts for twenty minutes. your parents thought it was the sweetest thing but had no idea what to do with him. nevertheless, he was invited over again for dinner the next week.