XXXIII

Xornoth really didn't know what to make of the odd little group.

Grian seemed fun, if only a little chaotic. He had wings similar to Joey's, though smaller and red and yellow instead of rainbow, and a certain glint that rose to his eyes whenever he made a joke, and a laugh that sounded a little too hysterical.

Niki was the most friendly. She seemed content to chatter about anything, and she oddly reminded them of Lizzie, had she been smaller and pinker, and looked calmer than the rest of the group. She was perhaps their sole voice of reason.

Jack… was just Jack. There was no other way to describe the way his eyeballs bulged out of his head whenever he saw something that mildly captured his interest, and his sense of humour was a trainwreck. What was also a trainwreck was Tommy, maybe the most unhinged of them all. He'd screamed a total of seven times since he'd walked into the hall.

And now they were stuck in the middle of a conversation with said Tommy.

Wonderful.

"I just think they should add geese to Roblox, don't you think?" He said absently, staring into the distance. Joey had forcibly dragged everyone into another living room (why did he have so many living rooms?) in the area with the least amount of ice, and was quietly giving Grian a crash course of everything that happened

"Yep." Xornoth didn't even know what Roblox was, but geese were… okay? "They're cool."

"They are as well!" Tommy slid his eyes off the incredibly interesting wall and looked at them. "Knew a guy who was a goose hybrid, he was one of the most chill people ever. That reminds me, are you and Scott part goose? I was wondering because once I offended him and he honked at me."

They blinked. They hoped they weren't a goose hybrid, because that would be weird, but they honestly didn't know. Were they a goose hybrid? "I… could be?"

"Poggers. Does that mean you could theoretically break someone's bones from biting them?"

Across the room, they heard Joey rapidly cough and choke on his sentence, wheeling around to look at him. Oh dear.

The boy furrowed his eyebrows. "What? It's a genuine question."

"...I hope not." A shade of red decided to flush their cheeks and they focused all their attention onto squashing it down.

He ignored it, shrugging. "Would be a shame if you weren't part goose - geese are epic."

They nodded along with what Tommy was saying as he continued to endlessly ponder the mysteries of the goose. Xornoth used to think that the birds were cute, but then they had made the fatal error of corrupting a pond filled to the brim with the little anger balls, and they had promptly chased them until they managed to teleport away. It had been a terrifying experience.

"Once I went looking around the Overgrown because it was my day off and Tubs wanted to see all the flowers, and a bunch of geese just chased us!" He exclaimed. They suddenly felt a little relieved that they weren't the only ones who had been chased. "And get this, right? Apparently they become carnivorous during mating season."

"They can become carnivorous?" Xornoth stuttered, eyes wide. They found a lot of things scary; Exor, the ocean, possession, frostbite, but none of them managed to be quite as frightening as the mental image of an angry goose eating them alive, sitting right on their stomach and digging in with shockingly large teeth, forced to stay still or it would hiss at you. That was a new kind of horror.

An evil glint formed in the child's eye. "Yep!"

"No they do not." Grian burst out laughing from across the room, obviously eavesdropping on their conversation. "Pigs have been known to eat children though!"