Chapter 1

Date: Saturday, Feb 1st, 2020.

US Senator Tougo Sakamaki has dinner at a family run Italian restaurant in the DC suburbs. Here the hostess, Elizabeth "Liz" Peretti escorts Mr. Sakamaki and his entourage to one of the nicest tables in the back. She offers them the wine and dinner menus. Before she leaves, Karlheinz grabs her wrist and inhales deeply, complementing on her beautiful and unique scent. She awkwardly says thank you and continues her shift. Liz completely forgets about the whole thing.

As she's taking some of the trash out later that night, Karlheinz appears from the shadows and bites her. He drinks more than is necessary until she faints. He takes her back to her apartment.

On his way back to the demon world, Karlheinz recognizes her blood is part demon and similar to his first wife, Cordelia. Familiars are sent immediately to the Demon Lord Burai.

Date: Sunday, February 2nd

Liz wakes up dizzy and fatigued. After having a hot shower, she sees two puncture marks on her neck/shoulder muscle. She has no idea where they came from, and realizes she doesn't remember getting home last night.

Date: Sunday, Feb 9th

Liz's roommate tells her she needs to be out by Feb 14th. This shocks her and has a panic attack. She wishes her parents were still alive to guide and comfort her.

Later that night:

Liz receives a text message from an unknown number. It reads:

"Ms. Peretti, I work for Senator Tougo Sakamaki. We have come to learn of your housing situation, and would like to offer you a place to stay at the Sakamaki mansion. Room and board will be provided, and any financial situations will be squared away. Please respond to this message in the next 24 hours to confirm." She responds and accepts the offer.

"Excellent! Mr. Sakamaki will be thrilled to have you. Please provide your email and I'll send you additional information for pick up this Friday. Cheers, Jimmy."

February 10-13th

Liz tries to look up information on the Sakamaki family. She learns the Senator has 6 sons. And married three times. Not much else is known. She quits the restaurant.

Date: Friday, February 14th, 1:30 PM

She's given the time and pick up location via email from "Jimmy." A black SUV pulls up and the driver takes her suitcases. It takes about 5 hours to drive to Connecticut. Liz wasn't told the exact location of the mansion just that it's "in New England."

6:30 PM

Weather: damp and cold. The SUV arrives at the mansion and takes her breath away.