Chapter 5

WARNING! This chapter contains depictions of strong sexual content and language.

Liz came out of the bathroom and approached the four brothers. The triplets were on their phones, and Reiji was washing the casserole dish. She cleared her throat. "Um, where am I sleeping tonight?"

The four looked at her. Ayato was the first one up and approached her.

"Stay with me, Mangoes. I promise you'll have an excellent time with Yours Truly."

"If you don't stay with me, I'll make your life a living hell," said Kanato appearing in front of her.

"Fufu, you should stay with me. I'll certainly give you a proper welcome to the Sakamaki household," said Laito wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her to his chest. Liz glanced at Reiji for some response. He was silent and stared intensely at her. She felt exposed at that moment. Personally, she wanted to sleep on an extra mattress in her wardrobe area.  They'd probably laugh and scorn her for that suggestion.

"Perhaps, this one time we'll let you choose your suitor for tonight," Reiji finally said. Laito was breathing cold air on her neck, sending a shiver down her back. The triplets started closing in on her.

"I choose..." Liz said nervously. A beat, and then, "...Subaru."

The triplets groaned in unison. Ayato and Kanato teleported away. Laito still had his arms around her waist.

"That'll give me plenty of time to come up with ideas for our first night. I can't wait," he whispers seductively in her ear. He releases her, and walks away. Liz looked at Reiji again. His face was hard and stony.

"Very well, I'll have your overnight bag delivered to his room," Reiji said rolling his shoulders back. "I'm sure he's heard of your plans by now. He'll escort you there," and he's gone.

Liz decided to sit down in the same place as dinner. She nervously ran her hands down her the tops of her thighs. She looked at her watch and saw it was 11:00 pm. Where had the time gone?

Subaru stomped into the kitchen and angrily approached her. He grabbed one of her wrists and began walking with her in tow. She almost fell over by the sheer force of his action. He was holding her wrist in a vice grip and continued walking briskly to the staircase next to the living room. Her wrist was screaming in agony from the pain. Liz nearly had to jog to keep up with the vampire. Finally, they made it to his room.

"It's your fault if anything bad happens to you tonight. Take responsibility," he said opening the door and dragging her in. Responsibility for what? It was dark inside, and really cold.

Subaru let go of her and walked to a couch in the middle of the room. He turned on a small table lamp. The first thing she saw was a large flat screen TV mounted on the wall. The room was sparse of furniture. The only other notable item was a plain black coffin.

"Wait, so the whole-sleeping-in-coffins-part is true? I thought everything from vampire literature was all made up?" she said. He walked to the coffin and glared at her. He closed his eyes and sighed.

"It's all based on personal preference. Doesn't matter really," he replied. Then he picked up the coffin easily, and walked to what Liz assumed was a closet. He disappeared inside. The next couple of noises were of him lifting something much heavier and maneuvering something inside. Liz wasn't too curious what he was doing. She only thought about how cold the room was. The hair on her arms stood up and she shivered. She was only wearing a cotton long sleeved shirt. Automatically she crossed her arms over her chest and started rubbing her arms up and down, trying to create body heat. Did this actually work? She thought still rubbing her arms. She could feel her neck and shoulder muscles tense up. She guessed it was about 40 degrees inside.