Chapter 1: Anchor's Aweigh

"Argh!" Nathan grunted as he experienced a headache. Holding his head, he endured the pain he was feeling.

After a few minutes of suffering from the pain, Nathan's mind gradually cleared as if the headache was a lie.

'What happened?'

Fixing the thoughts in his mind, Nathan remembered that he fell asleep after preparing to log out from the game. He then pinched his forehead while looking up at the sky.

He didn't know how long he had slept. However, he judged that it was unlikely to have been a long time because his alarm clock didn't wake him up.

Shutting his eyes and then opening them widely to clear away the strong feeling of sleepiness, he found himself in the middle of a battleship, the deck to be precise. The muzzle of the ship's turret was pointed at him. In the distance, a large and calm sea could be seen.

The scene is already familiar within the game. Sitting still on the deck, he placed a hand on his jaw while a question came to mind.

'Did I got transported into a game world?' He thought.

Seeing the sky he looked up at before made him confirm that he was transported.

For one thing, 'Sleeping in front of a computer will take you or reincarnate inside the game' was a famous saying.

Transporting or reincarnating in a game world after falling asleep may be an unusual event, but he decided to stop thinking about it. It's because something else is missing, and no matter how he thinks about it, that's more important.

There was a fragrance. Whenever the cold wind blows, the raw smell of saltwater in the ocean crosses under his nose giving a feeling of incompatibility.

He then tried to stand up and touched the muzzle of the ship's turret. He felt the cold and hard metal all over his palm, causing his expression to change. He also touched both of his cheeks, just to feel the same cold temperature.

"I was transported."

After Nathan confirms that he got transported, he decides to go to a place where he can control his battleship, the Bridge. Staying outside doesn't do any good instead freezing yourself from the cold.

Inside the bridge, there is only one seat positioned in the middle. On the sides of the bridge are types of equipment and some drawers for storage.

In the game, if you want to sit down, it shows an option to just sit down or control the ship. However, the seat here has a monitor, a mouse, and a keyboard. The monitor shows the system required to control the ship.

Nathan took a seat, it has a comfortable feeling that make his butt not hurt while sitting for a long time. The system was similar to when he was just playing, so it wasn't hard for Nathan to operate the ship, for now. At the top-left of the monitor, it shows the time.

Back when Nathan is still playing the game, 24 minutes in the real world is equivalent to 1 day of the game. Therefore, every minute of the game is equivalent to 1 second in the real world.

Nathan let out a relieved sigh because the time was running normally like it used to. It would be strange if it takes 24 minutes for a day to pass.

He operated the system again and selected the mail icon called 'Chat'. To his surprise, members from his clan and the federation were online.

He tried to message their clan's group chat.

——————————

Fiest Clan Chat

Nathaniel: Anyone?

Zied: Eh?, You're here too?

Nathaniel: What do you mean I'm here too? Perhaps you also got transported just like me.

Zied: Yes, We've been here for almost 10 years.

——————————

After seeing the last message, he immediately checked the date by turning on the calendar from the system in a bit of a panic.

What was displayed in the upper right corner was May 12th, 1960.

At the start of the game, the calendar was on January 1, 1950. It never changed for five years. This made him remove the date from the setting. It was impossible for it to have been a decade ago, even in the game's Calendar.

While he was deep in thought, a new message from his group was delivered.

——————————

Fiest Clan Chat

Nathaniel: Anyone?

Zied: Eh?, You're here too?

Nathan: What do you mean I'm here too? Perhaps you also got transported too.

Zied: Yes, We've been here for almost 10 years.

Seiren: It would be better if the Admiral would explain things. Come to the headquarter.

Zied:  I agree.

——————————

Thinking and panicking in the middle of the sea will not do good for Nathan. So, he immediately planned to sail toward their base.

On the monitor, there is a radar that shows the map and routes. This will make it easier for Nathan to travel to their headquarters.

Nathan pressed the 'W' key four times to make the ship move at full sail. The ship sails at 32 knots with the headquarter as its destination.

The ship's throttle has 6 options to make the ship move; Full Sail, 3/4 sail, 1/2 Sail, 1/4 Sail, Stop, and Full Reverse. W and S from the keyboard are the controls for the throttle. A and D are for controlling the right and the left rudder of the ship. There's also an autopilot feature by pressing the 'M' key and choose a destination of your choice.

The mouse is used for the main battery to move and aim. To fire the main battery, click the 'Left' button on the mouse. 'Right' button to open the range from the monitor for precise accuracy. Secondary guns and AA are automatic, but they can be turned on and off by pressing the P button.

1 and 2 keys were to switch between High Explosives shells and Armor Piercing shells. And 3 to use a torpedo.

As the ship continued to sail, Nathan got up from her seat and went to the window to appreciate the view of a blue and calm sea. Nathan was quiet until he realized something...

'If I died due to the lack of sleep, did I manage to clear my browsing history before?'