Chapter 6: Exploring the Capital and It's New Army

The time is currently 4:00 pm.

I was walking around the capital and saw major changes of the place.

The road widened, the population increased, and the housing expanded.

Public carriages have become a means of transportation. The only difference I know between public carriages and private carriages is that public carriages are mostly made of wood while private carriages are also made of wood, but a good kind of wood and have an elegant design.

I won't expect them to be able to build a vehicle that runs on engine, probably because we don't have the proper knowledge to make one. But maybe they can do it if we add a few years of effort.

Now then, what should I do in the meantime?

I decided to spend a night here in the capital. And will sail tomorrow morning. This is because, I just don't like sailing at night.

For example, you're on a mission and you want it to be finished on time, so you went at night. Then out of nowhere there's an incoming torpedo at your starboard, 100 yards away.

Sometimes, I hate submarines. They can just dive underwater and puff, can't be seen from the radar anymore.

There is a radar designed in searching for submarines. Though, it would be useless if the target have already got away.

I also hate Aircraft Carriers. They use their aircraft in attacking. My ship will become a crushed can before I can reach them. While on the other hand, the carrier is still intact.

Anyway, there's still plenty of time left. I wonder if there are any good clothing stores around here.

Given how the city has grown and developed over the past ten years, it's likely that there are good quality clothing stores around.

"Hey, let's go to the night market?"

"Eeeh, Alright"

Hm? As we walked the streets of the capital, I heard a conversation between two people. Well, they're just in front of us, of course I can hear them.

"Night market, huh" I muttered.

If I remember correctly, it was a place where stalls were set up on the side of the street. That place generally tend to have more leisure, shopping, and eating areas. As the name says, it was only open at night which were around 7 to 10 pm, I guess.

I looked at my phone, or rather, my PDA to see the current time.

"I still have three hours"

Yup, I should buy some new clothes for the two of us. And maybe will visit that facility, which was shown in the PDA.

While I was walking trying to reach a certain shop that will caught my interest, I tried to keep my mind occupied. And I have no reason for that.

By the way, that facility seems to be military related. I can see some people wearing the same uniform and carrying weapons behind their backs.

I wouldn't be surprised if all nations formed their own ground forces. But I don't think any player would volunteer to join the army since the game is all about warships. If they want, nothing can stop them. So I'm guessing the majority of them are NPCs.

And who would lead them? Admirals? Probably not. The nation's leader? I don't think so.

Well, I believe they are able find a suitable commander. I don't have any grudge between NPCs and Players, so it's okay if they get an NPC. As long as they can lead them.

I used about 30 minutes walking around the capital. And I just explored, let's say, a percent of it. The capital is just big, not that I'm slow. Besides, I have Nathalie at my side.