Chapter 5: To The Capital, Septinia

The feeling of cruising at 32 knots as I stand at the port wing of the bridge is fantastic. Followed by the cold air hitting my face.

Today, I plan to head to 'Septinia', the capital of the Heptaclan Federation.

Hopefully, I'll be able to acquire useful information and maybe they'll even give me a task to do.

If I have given a task, then it'll not be boring for me. Helping and escorting a fellow player, or exploring the new world.

If no task is given, it would probably be better for me to die early than to laze around doing nothing.

Though, I don't think I would die of old age.

It's either our body doesn't age or our lifespan is probably non-existent. This is what you call 'immortality', I guess?

Well, that's that. Without something to do, then this story will end for good.

Anyway, I spent 6 hours exploring the renovated town of our clan, The Fiest Clan. And will head to my home base first before going to the capital.

I woke up at 7:00 am, and spent 6 hours in the town. so today's time is around 1:00 pm.

The town, or rather the entire gameworld is not the same as before where NPCs just walk in their designed areas. It's pretty awkward to talk to everyone when they're not even speaking back.

But now that this has become a reality, communicating with everyone can be achieved without a script made by programmers.

Now that I think about it, I haven't tried to fire up this ship's cannons, right?

"Let's try firing some then"

Having said that, I went back inside the bridge and took a seat.

By operating the keyboard and mouse, I was able to rotate the four batteries to the starboard side of the ship. Though its rotating speed is slow, it is a battleship after all. I can't complain and I'm actually starting to adapt with the ship.

For now, I'll be using a high-explosive shell. Target, ocean surface. Distance? Uh, 10 kilometers will do. And...

Fire!

As I pressed the left mouse button, a cloud of black smoke rose from the end of each battery's barrel, and rang out in roar as eight shells left their barrels.

"Fuck! That's loud"

It's my first time hearing a loud bang of a battleship up close. But I need to adjust myself since I'll be using and managing this ship.

Hmm, I believe her name is 'Leith', this battleship.

Anyway, my plan is to head to my home base first, and to the capital next.

"My ears are still ringing though"

~

~

~

***

Three hours had passed since I arrived at my home base. I hadn't come here to sleep, but rather to prepare myself for my new life in this world after being reincarnated or transported.

As I looked around, I couldn't help but admire the simplicity of my home base, which was a small island with a single naval port to dock my ship.

Although the house was massive, made of concrete, marble, and wood, it had remained immaculate, even after almost a decade of being unoccupied.