Chapter 15: Past (Part 1)

Months and years earlier.

A life of peace seemed to prevail in a distant land governed by a benevolent ducal family.

It was not merely a concept but a living reality. The gentle sway of green fields adorned with vibrant flowers painted a picturesque scene.

Happy laughter echoed through the air, and the townsfolk, content in their lives, went about their daily routines with joyous hearts.

The benevolent rule of the ducal family ensured a harmonious existence, and the land's prosperity was reflected in the flourishing crops and thriving communities.

It was a place where the sun seemed to shine a little brighter, and the days were adorned with the simple pleasures of life.

"Young Lady!" a person in a maid outfit called out as she hurried through the garden of the ducal manor.

Lost in her world, she stood among blooming flowers. Delicate fingers traced the velvety petals of a vibrant rose, and a gentle smile graced her lips.

Then, she turned towards the call. Striking black hair cascaded down her back, and vivid red eyes hinted at an unusual depth.

Dressed in a beautiful gown fit for a noble child, the fabric danced with the breeze, creating an image of innocence and grace.

The folds of her elegant gown swayed, mirroring the dance of the flowers in the breeze, creating a picture of innocence and grace in the quiet garden sanctuary.

Upon turning towards the call, the young lady acknowledged the approaching maid with a gracious smile and a curious expression.

"Yes, what is it?" she inquired.

"Apologies for the interruption, Young Lady. The Duchess requests your presence in the living room," the maid delivered the message.

"Mother?" the young lady asked, her tone a blend of curiosity and wonder. She gracefully rose from her contemplation among the flowers and followed the maid inside, leaving the garden sanctuary for the refined halls of the ducal residence.

As they reached the living room, the young lady's eyes brightened at the sight of her mother.

"Mother!" she exclaimed with joy, her happy tone echoed through the room.

Without hesitation, she rushed forward and embraced her mother in a warm and loving hug. The duchess, too, welcomed her daughter's affection with a tender smile, creating a heartwarming scene in the heart of the residence.

After finishing the warm embrace, the young lady looked at her mother, with eyes shining full curiosity.

"Why did you call me?" she asked.

With a gentle smile, the duchess guided her daughter to a comfortable seat.

"Your father has something to say to you," she responded, her voice carrying a warm yet slightly worried tone.

The young lady, still in the embrace of her mother, looked towards her father.

There, standing with an air of wisdom and responsibility, was the duke, her father. He stood before them with a guard positioned at his right, a dependable figure ensuring the safety of the duke.

His eyes, reflecting the countless experiences he had lived, met hers with a mix of affection.

"Come, my dear," he beckoned, his hand open, expressing the desire to embrace his daughter as well.

The young lady, breaking free from her mother's embrace, swiftly moved to hug her father.

The warmth of the family reunion filled the room as they shared a moment of love and connection. The duchess watched with a soft smile, content to see her family together.