Chapter 7: The Last Night Before Sailing

Heptaclan Federation.

Nothing worth mentioning has happened yet.

The talk between me and the new commander of the newly built armed forces is nothing but a conversation about the happenings of the world, in the past 10 years.

Since the gameworld was transported to another unfamiliar world, the gameworld that we used to call have now become into one continent.

And the New World, which I named for now, is probably similar to a medieval earth. Well, if there's magic and any fantasy things in this world, then maybe I may find the reason as to why we're here.

But I don't think it would be that easy. Besides, I feel like I want to stay and spend my life here. There's no pollution, no gray skies, or even noisy vehicles. It's just that, I may outlived anyone except players.

The PANA treaty is still in effect and no one seems to have violated it yet. And I hope it will continue in the future.

Also the soldiers here looks nice. They're wearing the same uniform and a M1 Garand Rifle hanging in their backs when not in use. The uniform they use consist of a wool serge four-button coat with four pockets in olive drab shade, wool trousers, and a long-sleeved wool shirt, both in olive drab shade.  If it's still not enough to describe it, refer to the image above.

It is similar to a winter service uniform used in 1941. Since all those soldiers wear the same uniform, I don't see anyone wears different uniform. You know, an officer is supposed to be different from normal soldiers, right? Like Commander Ronald. Oh well, I guess they're still looking someone with potential.

After walking for a few minutes, we went inside the command center to have a coffee break. In this moment, it would be better if we drink tea, right? Probably.

Well, I want to stay awake so that I can have much time to explore the night market, on which I believe it would be open around 7 pm. And I need to collect the clothes I requested at 6 pm.

Drinking my coffee while deep in thought, I didn't notice that I am still with Commander Ronald.

"Ah, sorry. I was lost in thought for a moment," I said as I took another sip from my coffee mug.

"No worries. So, what's your plan now?"

"What do you mean?" I paused my sipping, not out of panic, but because I wanted to listen.

"I heard from Secretary Matt that you've been assigned a mission to explore the unknown lands, which are considered to be dangerous."

"Ah, yes. It's true that the mission is risky, but I'm not in a hurry to rush things."

I then took a sip at my coffee. Not gonna lie, this coffee is sweet. Did they add too much sugar? But in truth, I'm the one who did it. I hope nothing bad will happen to my stomach.

"As for what I'll do next... for now, I plan to spend the night here in the capital and then set sail for the Coyote Monarch."

"The Coyote Monarch? I see. Well then, I'll pray for your safety," replied Commander Ronald.

"Thank you."

After that, I continued to chat with Commander Ronald for a few more hours until the clock struck 6 pm, at which point I took my leave so that I could collect the clothes I had requested.

~

~

~

~

~

***

Tailor Shop, somewhere in Septinia. 6:14 p.m.