Chapter 4: Reunion

Author's Note: I'll try to use the First Person's POV. This will probably make it easy for me to write chapters on this story. If it didn't work I'll switch back to what it is before.

***

Nathaniel von Gantzmann.

As we walked down the hallway, every person we passed had gazes at us. Whether they're a student or an instructor.

Those in front immediately went to the side, avoiding to get in our way.

Are we that intimidating?

After walking for a couple of minutes, We are currently outside of the academy.

"A... carriage?"

I was surprised after seeing what was in front of me.

A horse-drawn carriage was parked in front of the academy gate. It has a gold outline with a small flag of the Federation and the Fieth Clan. This shows that the carriage is probably carrying the leaders of the clan, or an important person in the nation.

When I was still in the game, no ground transportation is used. So we ended up walking to reach our desired destination.

Well, they've been here in this world for ten years after all.

"Where are we going?" I asked, wonder filling my voice.

"To the mansion," came the reply.

"The mansion?" I repeated, surprised.

"You'll see," she said, leaving me intrigued.

I didn't ask one more question from her, so I'll just stay quiet and wait for us to reach our destination.

"Let's go" Lilyth said to the coachman of the carriage.

The coachman heard it and began to wave the leash attached to the horse.

Then the carriage slowly moved forward.

The seat inside the carriage was not made of hard wood or anything that will make my butt hurt. Instead, it was a soft cushion made up of 'I don't know what it is' materials.

This way, I can relax in peace while waiting.

Leaning myself on the window, I saw people walking down the streets, some were looking at the carriage in awe.

NPCs that are supposed to be emotionless, were now walking with a happy faces.

"I can't believe those people, who were formerly NPCs, are now behaving like a human beings"

"Indeed. This also makes us, players, able to converse with them without modifying their programs"

I continue to watch those people by the window, appreciating the peacefulness in the land of Fiest Clan.

Coming to this world, I guess this is my hometown now.

~

~

~

The sky was beginning to get dark when we finally arrived at the mansion.

"Here we are, Nathan"

Hearing Lilyth's voice, I slowly opened my eyes.

I saw Lilyth being escorted by the coachman to leave the carriage while I was still sitting, wanting to completely wake up.

"Ah crap, I fell asleep"

There's no way I can't fall asleep when enjoying the view of the town while in a comfortable seat.