Where. is. she. - 11

Race POV:
~~~

Jack had just left and everyone went back to the lodging house. I looked around and didn't see Y/n anywhere.

"Has anyone seen 'er? She left durin' the rally and I tried to get to her but she ran away." I looked around the room worrying.

"She's probably just out on the roof or somethin'." Elmer shrugged and went back to his bunk with a sigh, "Her brother just betrayed how do you think she feels?"

"He just betrayed us all! For money!" Davey fell into an angry hissy fit at the end of the room. He was taking this the hardest.

I sighed and walked to Albert and Specs, "Come an' help me find her." they reluctantly agreed and we climbed up to the roof. I poked my head over the top and saw... it's empty. "What? Y/n?!" I scurried up and looked over the roof, I saw both Albert and Specs start to worry.

"Let's look in the square." we all ran to the square and she was no where to be seen that was until two idiots walked up.

"Who ya lookin' for?" Morris spat with a laugh.

"Where is she?!" I got in his face making him back up slightly and raise his arms.

"Oh? Your li'tle Y/n? She's safe with us." Oscar spat at me and we all whipped our heads to look at him.

"Where. is. she." I glared at them both but they just laughed.

"With Pulitzer... safe. For now."

I set off.

Sprinting towards the World and running behind the building. I started to climb up the rickety old fire escape that clung with little grip to the bricks on the building. I still climbed with the protest of Albert and Secs below me when I reached a few rungs up the ladder and looked into the side of a blocked window and saw Y/n. Her head between her knees, shaking and crying on the floor with her nails digging into her skin against her arms, a large red mark on the side of her face. She hit the ground of the dirty room that had broken glass at the base of the destroyed window.

My eyes widened and I started ripping against the wood on the window and she looked up, Y/n saw a sliver of my face through the gap in the window. She darted to her feet and sprinted to the window, "Race?"

"Y/n? N/n? Are ya ok?" I asked franticly trying to get into the room.

"y-yeah, I-I... Jack just threw me away and left! For money!" she fell against the window and started to cry again.

"I'm gettin' you out!" I wrapped my fingers around the wood and started to tug, she moved her hands from her head and pushed on the wood as well.

After a second of creaking, the wood snapped off the wall and whizzed down to the ground with a harsh slam. It rung in our ears and I saw Y/n flinch at the sound, I quickly grabbed her hand and tugged her out onto the rusting ladder.

She winced as her bruised elbow and slashed skin gently hit the window and I pulled her into my chest. After a moment, we climbed down the ladder and Y/n was dragged from my arms into Albert and Sepcs'.

"You can't scare us like this." Albert sighed and squeezed her arm.

"J-Jack he... left us. He betrayed me for money!" she started to cry again and I ran and pulled her into her chest.

"It's ok... he'll come back." I whispered to her.

"How do you know that?" she spoke.

"I just know. Let's head to the lodgin' house." she nodded in my chest and we all walked back to the lodging house, avoiding the Delancey's.

~~~
Third person POV:
~~~

Y/n, Race, Albert and Specs entered the lodging house and Y/n was the first person to see him. Jack was stood with Kathrine in the lodging house, holding a small piece of paper that she read allowed.

Y/n felt her face redden up and she saw her brother smiling with his hand in Kathrine's, "Jack..."

Jack turned and saw his little sister, with a red mark over her cheek and tears staining her red cheeks. "Are you ok? N/n what happened?" he came towards her but she backed up.

Her eyes met the floor and all the newsies knew why but Jack, "Y/n?" he asked again, freezing.

"You left me. You left us all for... money. You just betrayed me for your dumb Sante fe." her voice wavered as she spoke. Race walked up behind her and wrapped his arms over her waist letting her calm herself in his grip.

Jack watched race move to her and his eyes widened. "Y/n I'm sorry. That was a mistake and Pulitzer threatened me." he tried to explain himself as he glared at Race who moved his fingers to intertwine with Y/n's.

"You didn't even explain it! You just left. How do you think I feel?... My only family just left me for money..." she felt her voice brake but stayed tightly holding into Race's hand.

Jack stepped towards her and hesitated as Race looked up at him and shook his head. "I know..."

"You don't know! Have I ever left you! Have I ever abandoned you for a stupid dream that will lead nowhere." She suddenly jerked towards Jack.

He looked at her small shaking body and the wounds left on her face and arms, "I know you think you can't trust me but... it was this or Pulitzer puts everyone in the refuge, me, you, Race... I'm sorry N/n but it was the only thing I could do. But we have a solution." he turned to Kathrine and budged her arm, "Show her." he smiled.

Kathrine read off the thing on her paper and told everyone about her idea and about the printing press in Pulitzer's basement, well her fathers basement. Y/n listened to her leaning into Race who held his arms around her torso as Jack glared at the kind blonde.

After Kathrine's explanation, Y/n thought for a moment and wiped her eyes turning to Jack, "Ok... I'm sorry Jack. but I think I know a way in." she smiled at Race who new exactly what she was talking about and he smirked as well.

"how?" Jack took her attention from Race.

"The Delancey's may have locked me in the world... but! Now we have an easy entrance to the basement." She nodded as she spoke and Albert smiled at her from behind Jack.

"Well what are we waiting for! Let's go!" Kathrine squeaked and all the newsies cheered, running with her out of the lodging house and towards the world.