FREEDOM! - 12

Y/n POV:
~~~

We all ran out of the lodging house, following Jack to the World building when I felt a hand wrap around my arm and I was pulled to the side, away from everyone else. I raised my arms in fear but lowered them once I saw the blue eyes blonde staring at me.

"Y/n? Are you ok with Jack and this... I mean wees did just brake you out of there like 20 minuets ago." he held onto my hand in front of my body.

I smiled and lent my head on his chest, "I'll be fine. Quit ya worryin'."

He sighed and I looked up at his handsome face and beautiful eyes watching me, his hand moved from my hip to my cheek, pulling my chin towards his slowly. My eyes closed and I lent forwards, opening my mouth slightly.

The kiss was passionate, starting softly but quickly turning to a rough fast kiss. My hands wrapped around his neck and I jumped to my tip toes. His hands pulled lightly at my hair until a hand shoved onto my arms and I was yanked from Race.

I looked up to Jack.

His face a tinge of furious red and his eyes wide with anger staring at Race, his hand crunched around Race's collar and pulling his still blushing face close to his. "RACETRACK HIGGINS!" he yelled with spit flying from his face.

"J-JACK! What are you-" I was cut off by Jack shoving me away. My shoulder slammed into the wall and I flinched at the shock of pain that rang down my arm.

"You and Race?! When was I going to know about dis?!" he screamed at me as I closed my eyes in pain of my wound.

"I'm sorry we were all to busy because of the strike!" I retorted.

"Not that busy that you can't go kissin' Race!" he snapped again and shoved my back against the wall by my shoulders. Slamming my head on the bricks and wincing again, I could see Race panicking behind Jack.

"Jack! Relax! At least I'm not running off with Pulitzer's daughter all of a sudden!" I stepped from the wall and Jack scanned my face in shock.

"How did you-"

"You don't think I don't see how happy you have been with her! How much you just want to run away to Santa Fe together and leave your annoying lil sister behind! And now your attacking me because I love Race! My best friend for 12 years!" I took a sharp breath in before breaking into a pained cry.

"Y/n I- You love him?... I'm sorry, I don't want to leave you." He gently pulled me into a hug and rubbed my back. I looked over his shoulder at Race who straightened his shirt.

"I'll see you at The World." I pulled out of jack's grip and ran to Race's. He brought me close to his chest and Jack sighed.

"See you there." he left sadly and I broke down.

Race held me close to him before I looked up and rubbed my face, "So you love me huh!" he giggled.

"Oh shut it!" I hit his arm playfully.

"I love you too..." he smiled rubbing his arm.

I smiled at him before standing up and taking his hands walking to the World.

We went to the World and saw everyone climbing into the window at the back, I laughed and climbed up the ladder behind them, swinging into the window and landing on the messy, stained carpet. Jack was just in front and looked at me frowning, I sighed and nodded at him with a calm smile. He did the same back and we walked to the basement where Kathrine stood with two very official looking men.

"You bring enough fellas to keep us covered?" Jack asked Davey as Race and I walked past them and down the stairs to the basement.

"We could hold a hoe-down in here and no one would be the wiser." Davey answered from above me.