Now is the time to seize the day! - 13

Race and I sprinted into the lodging house with huge smiled on our faces and hands locked together. Everyone was already ready inside or just arriving, I stepped forwards to Jack, Spot and Davey who were stood together near the door.

"Ah just tha person I was waitin' for." Jack rustled my hat on my head and I stepped away with a slight grin.

"Why'd ya need me?" I asked, fixing my hair.

"Were headin' ta the World." he nodded at me and I smiled, nodding back.

Before leaving, I quickly stepped away and ran to Race who was talking to Albert and Elmer, "I'm headin' to the World with Jack. I will see you soon, after we win." he turned and smiled at me. Pulled me into his arms and holding my arms in his, he bent down and kissed my lips quickly then smirking at me. I giggled and turned, running with Jack out the lodging house after hearing Albert mumble something dumb to Race earning a slap on the back of his head.

Me, Jack, Davey and Spot all walked across the road and towards the World, my hands were shaking rapidly in front of my body as I looked around the empty town that only seemed to house us four as we walked in the silent street.

"So what are you going to say to him?" Davey had been bombarding Jack with worrying questions all the way from the lodging house.

"Davey! It'll be fine. Quit worryin'" I tapped his arm making him jump and Spot and Jack laugh at him before he straightened his messed up tie.

"I'm sorry were going to Pulitzer! The richest man in New York." he hit the back of my head lightly so I slapped him hard in the chest with my news cap.

We stopped our little squabble when we reached the huge wooden doors to the World. I took a deep breath and pressed my hand against one of the large golden door knobs. I looked at Jack who nodded at me and we flew open the doors and marched up the stairs to Pulitzers office. From outside I could hear panicked and frustrated talking along with the constant sound of ringing phones and angry mumbled swears coming from the phones.

I smirked at how chaotic it sounded inside before Jack slammed open the door and we all stormed inside, smirking at our success as the phones were flopped to the side and the ringing stopped.

"How we doin' this mornin' gents?" Jack grinned proudly next to me.

The three in the office looked up, one brunette male in thinly rimmed glasses looked tired and confused. A tall ginger haired woman in a long flowy black and white dress watched us walk in smiling, seeming impressed by us arriving in the office. And the third, Pulitzer himself, stood up furiously and stomped out from the side of his thick wooden desk and almost growled with his anger.

"Your behind this. We had a deal." he spat at Jack who stood proudly staring at the man.

"And it came with a money-back guarantee!" Jack smirked at the man and flipped the small stack of cash onto his desk, it landing perfectly in front of where the man stood, leaning with his fists on the stacks of papes on the desk. "And thanks for your lessons on the power of the press." he lent into Pulitzer.

"Did you read this boss?" the brunette man asked, holding out the larger piece of paper with the Children's Crusade typed on the front, "These kids put out a pretty good paper." I chuckled lightly to myself at his words and then again at Pulitzers angry face, his moustache seemingly twitching above his lip.

"No doubt written by my daughter." Pulitzer growled.

"I'd sign her before someone else grabs her." I put my arms up in defence of my words before walking over to one of the satin seats and sitting down, adjusting myself to be comfortable.