The come down

General POV

After seeing Luna run out of the House and Jackson's reactions and the tail end of their conversation. The residents knew something had happened.

Alex's POV

'Well, that's the last time I sleep with someone who works at the hospital' i say before getting hit around the head by April.

Ouch.

'Be serious Karev for once' April said giving me the evils.

Well, this is gonna be a long shift today.

Marks POV

'Hey, Derek can you send Karev and Avery my way please when you see them?' approaching the nurse station that Derek was standing at.

'Them two won't be a good pairing today trust me' he's said turning towards me.
'Why did they work fine together yesterday? You want one for your case today?' grabbing the charts from the top of the pile.
'Umm, No have you spoken to anyone today?' Derek's question was weird and awkward so I shook my head.
'Karev and Luna slept together last night and Avery heard and Luna and Avery had a huge fight this morning over it! I've been trying to page her since I got here' He said looking around.
'Uh um okay, So send Avery my way. Karev can go to Peds today. And uh Luna was talking to Webber.' I said walking away.

Damn Luna.

Webbers POV

'Yeah sorry, Addison started this case with me so I'd like to finish it with her. It would be for 2 weeks then I'll be back!' Luna dropped a request for leave on my desk.
'Dr Shepherd, you are the best resident here! I can give you 1 week that's all. Why can't she come back here if that's where it started?' i try to reason with her.
'Uh 2 weeks or I'll transfer and you'll lose your best resident. And it gives the hospital more press to high will be good and bring in more residents for next year!' She said smiling.
'Okay fine! And Dr Shepherd I can see who taught you!' I say before she walks out.

General POV

The hospital had been very bust today so the happenings of the morning weren't being spoken about but it doesn't mean that people weren't silently thinking about them in their heads.

With Avery and Karev having to work together, then Lexie and April working together and the sudden disappearance of Luna. The attendings went to see Webber after they had been paging the most favourable resident to which she hadn't answered any of them.

'Okay, so what do I owe the honour of having all of my Doctors in my office when they should be in Surgery.' Webber said taking his glasses off and dropping them on the stack of papers he was looking through.

'Luna?' Derek Asked Webber.

'Yes, what about her?' He answered.

'Where is she? She hasn't answered any of her pages and quite frankly we need her.' Mark piped up asking.

'She requested some time off to go see a case in Los Angeles and I didn't see a reason why not!' He angrily responded.

'Well, when will she be back?' Owen who had just walked in asked.

'Two weeks. Now I don't pay you guys to stand around and ask questions about a resident, do I? As Dr Shepherd says go save a life or something!' Webber said shooing them away with his hands.

Lunas POV

I was packing up my things for the next week. I was such an idiot to sleep with Karev when I still like Jackson. And that whole argument was just stupid.

Bang!

Who the hell was that. As I sneak down the stairs I see Lexie. Damn, I was trying to avoid her.

'Hey Lex' I say leaning against the door.

'Shhh, Luna I didn't know you were here?' She says shocked.

'Didn't know you were here either! Doesn't your shift finish at 11 pm?'

'I've um got a headache plus I forgot my pager so came back to get it!' she says and we just stand in silence.

'What happened to us?' she says looking at me.

'Things got complicated' I say shaking my head.

'You mean... me and Jackson?' she asks.

I look at her realising it's not just that I wasn't okay. I wasn't over the shooting and she went through so much and I could never look her in the eye knowing what happened.

'You know, you were my best friend for months and now... I look at you and don't see the Luna I first knew. I'm gonna say this because I don't know what happened or why you hate me but please Luna be okay! If not for me then for Jackson he worries. He won't say it to me but he cares for you I can see it.' She said grabbing her keys and pager before walking to the door to go back to the hospital presumably.

'Lex I don't hate you... I um have a good day at work and I'll see you later?' I say before packing my stuff to leave again.

Looking around the house I notice how much I love these people and how much I am going to miss them if I don't come back. As Derek says I'm a runner.

Lexies POV

'Lex I don't hate you...I um have a good day at work and I'll see you later?' Luna says before I leave.

When did we get so complicated and far apart? Maybe Jackson? Or Mark?

'Hey Dr Shepherd, got my pager ready to get going' I said running up to Derek.

'Yes, So you need to catch up on this surgical procedure and this patient. Luna was meant to be the resident on the case but she has taken a leave of Absence so will need you to fill in okay' He says before dumping a pile of charts in my hands.

'Wait Dr Shepherd, a leave of absence? I just saw her at the house' I ask trying to catch up.

'Well, Lexie she does this she runs. She will probably have transferred residency programs by now' He said walking away.

in my confusion, I start to walk down the corridor when I suddenly walk into someone.

'Hmm, Little Grey watch where you're going' Mark says before walking away.

What I would do to be able to let him know my feelings.

Notes ~

So I'm going to skip to season 8 now just because I want Jackson and luna together. Hope you guys are enjoying it.