the new normal

Luna had slipped into a routine that used to scare her. The life she was living felt permanent, and she was constantly second-guessing herself like her world would come crashing down within a second. The impending self-destruction lay on her every move.

Luna was planning for Surgery. Currently, she was sitting at the Nurse's station, trying to stay awake after a long surgery, but all she wanted to do was sleep. She was also avoiding Jackson, she didn't want to admit to him what she was feeling, but she also knew if she had a conversation with him, he'd be annoyed. She didn't want to tell the man she loved, who they'd been chasing each other the last few years they'd been chasing each other, that she felt off and needed a break because she didn't know what break she needed.

"Bed 7 has been discharged, and Bed 13 has gone into pre-op,", Dr Wilson said, approaching Luna; she was Luna's favourite intern mostly because she liked her passion and drive.

"What?" Luna looked at her, confused.

"Bed 7 has been discharged, and Bed 13 is in pre-op, just like you asked me to do this morning", Wilson responded.

"Okay, thank you, are you gonna scrub in?" Luna asked, sipping her coffee.

Wilson's face rose to a smile.

"You're asking me if I want to?" Wilson asked with a massive smile on her face.

"Of course, I'm not gonna make you do anything you don't want to," Luna said.

"Well, yes, I will scrub in then!" Wilson said, smiling.

Luna wanted to make a difference as Mark did with Jackson.

"Dr Shepherd, you are being paged to the pit for an incoming trauma," One of the nurses says.

"Wilson, you coming?" Luna asked, knowing she needed a good resident.

Walking into what looked like Chaos would've sent anyone other than the edge, but Luna is good in Chaos.

"Hunt, where am I needed?" Luna shouted.

"Trauma 1", He shouted back.

"What have we got here?" Luna said.

"Girl around Nine, gunshot wound to the lower stomach and upper thigh. Also, possible brain bleed," Edwards said.

"Okay, Wilson phone up to the OR we are coming and someone page Shepherd and Torres please?" Luna shouted.

"It's okay" Luna whispered into the girl's ear.

"We need to move fast people, I'm not losing a child today. Page Karev and Avery as well. She is not losing her leg" Luna shouted.

"Shepherd, where do you need me?" Karev said running in.

"She's losing blood fast, we need to stop the bleeding then we can transport her to the OR. Is there any more information about how this happened?" Luna shouted.

"The police are here, but we don't know why," Wilson said.

"Karev I need more packing" Luna said angrily.

Both the doctors were trying their hardest to stop the bleeding in the lower stomach. This was their first time dealing with such a traumatic patient so early on.

"You ready to move her?" Karev said.

"Let's go" Luna said, It wasn't even a second thought for Luna to do this.

The two surgeons arrived in the OR ready to save a life.

"She has a gunshot to her lower stomach and upper thigh. Torres, you need to do your best to save her leg. Derek she's got a brain bleed, Me and Karev are gonna see what damage the bullet caused in her Stomach. Avery skin grafts, This girl doesn't need reminders about what's happened to her okay? Let's save a life" Luna commanded before walking into the OR.