how bad is it if you don't talk about it?

The rain was dripping through the trees and landing on Luna was one of the nicest wake-up calls. The cold air and water and the smell of grass made the pain of the previous days go away. Her normal instinct was to roll over and go back to sleep. But when she went to move her body like she had done thousands of times before she sensed the pain echo throughout her body. Then her mind stopped playing a trick on her. Her leg was barely there, her hearing was still silent and she was still on the plane...

Beep. Beep. Beep.

"Babe it's a 911 call to the ER. See you later" Jackson said kissing Luna on the head before running out of their bedroom.

Luna rolled over and looked at the clock seeing 3:26 am. She rolled over going back to sleep, the thought of having to go into the hospital and tell a stranger her trauma from the plane crash was enough to make her stay in bed.

Her eyes closed so quickly that she didn't even have to try to keep them open. Every time she closed her eyes she saw Mark, then Lexie. Luna had been pretending everything was okay so that no one questioned her or gave her more attention.

9:43 am

Luna rolled out of bed seeing the time, it was like her whole body was numb. She did her usual routine, taking her meds, plaiting her hair and doing light makeup. It was always a little sadder when Jackson had gone to work before her as they made getting ready together fun, usually, they'd listen to Frank Ocean or some other singer Jackson wanted Luna to like. But today it was like a reminder to Luna she was faking how she truly was feeling.

Luna's mind had felt like everything was on a go slow this morning, taking the bus to the hospital felt like it took mere seconds and not an hour. She felt like she was mourning everything all over again.

"Hello Shepherd" A resident said passing Luna in the street.

Luna gave them a blank stare, to the resident it was like Luna wasn't there just her body.

"Shepherd? Are you okay?" The resident asked slightly shaking Luna.

Luna looked at the resident like she'd just been woken up.

"Yes, sorry Edward's I was having a moment," Luna said.

"Are you on your way to the hospital?" Edward asked.

"Oh yeah, are you?" Luna asked.

"Yeah, walk together" Edward offered. Luna nodded starting to walk with Edward's but remaining quiet.

"How did you know what speciality to take?" Edward's asked filling the silence, it wasn't silent but between the sounds of the city and them, it seemed quiet.

"I didn't, I nearly chose cardio. But Peds just felt different, Like I'd be actively changing lives and that's what I wanted to do" Luna said smiling, she loved her job as gruelling as it was she loved it.

Luna looked at Edward's to see her smiling.

They eventually made it to the hospital, after talking about various surgeries they'd both done or dreamed of doing. After that Luna felt uplifted.

"Bye," Edwards said heading towards the elevators.

Luna waved her off spotting Jackson at the nurses station.

"Hey there stranger" Luna whispered.

"Hey," Jackson said, he'd seen Luna come in with Edwards and was confused.

"Are you befriending Interns now?" Jackson asked joking.

"Yeah I'm expanding my friends" Luna said with a smile on her face.