Chapter Fifteen

I awake from my nap as we land on the surface of the moon; I look out the giant window that has thick glass type material, except it’s as strong as steal. I see something that I’ve been longing to see for what seems like a lifetime.

“What is the time on Earth where we’re going?” I ask Dravon as he walks out from the cockpit.

“2:19 on Saturday July 6th, 2012 to be exact.” Dravon says. “You ready?” he asks as he takes a deep breath.

“Yea…” Suddenly I’m cut off my somebody appearing directly between Dravon and I.

“Kasandra?” I say.

“What the hell are you doing?” She asks. “Why are we on the Earth’s moon?”

“How did you know where we are?” I ask.

“Magic.” She says.

“Oh… right.” I say, forgetting she has telepathic abilities. We both look at her as she looks back at us, back and forth because we’re on either side of her.

“Karda plans to attack Earth.” I say. “We’re going to get mom.”

“What?” she says. “And you planned on all of this happening without me knowing. I can think what you’re thinking, I can chose to tell where you are or not but I don’t because I’m not that kind of person, I trusted you but I guess if I smell something fishy I’ll have to find out the hard way.” She says taking a deep breath from frustration. “Let’s go.” She says then disappears. Dravon and I teleport to where I ‘mysteriously vanished’ one Monday morning by that tree.

“Alright come on.” I say as I take the lead.

            By the time we get to the house Kasandra is already waiting at the front door.

“And F.Y.I.” I say to Kasandra as I knock on the door. “I was just informed about what was going on, I had no idea and didn’t want you to be excluded from the equation.” Mom answers the door and I look over away from Kasandra and instantly feel a large lump in my throat.

“Can I help you?” she asks. She can hardly recognize me through the blows I’ve taken to the face since I left. She slightly tilts her head with a confusing look and suddenly faints, collapsing forward as I caught her.

“Seen that one coming.” Dravon says. I look at Kasandra, realizing that she must look like a goof wearing that golden armor on Earth, armor like that hasn’t been worn on earth since the medieval times.    

             "Mom." I say, snapping my fingers beside her ear as she's laying on a cot that folds out of the wall.

"It's useless." I say, sitting down at the table with Kasandra. "We teleported..." I say. "It probably knocked her unconscious for even longer."

"This is the first time I've seen her in person since..." Kasandra pauses. "Since I was a little girl." I take a deep breath and lean back in my chair.

"What is she gonna think?" I ask. "The world we live in goes against every believe in the human world... even physics."

"She's understanding..." Kasandra says. "You were."

"I'm also not human, it makes sense to me since I've part demon." I say, leaning forward again, eager for her to wake up. " I'm just relieved she's subtracted from Karda's equation... subtracted in a positive way." Dante glides into the room and lands on the table.

"Anything?" He asks.

"Nope." Kasandra says. Dante jumps off the table and onto my mother, lightly slapping her, trying to wake her.