7- Stefan Flashbacks

Mystic Falls Virginia, 1912

Damon and I walk, arms looped together, through the woods of Mystic Falls

Damon and I walk, arms looped together, through the woods of Mystic Falls. He was sent a letter announcing the death of one of his distant relatives. He said he was obligated to be here, but deep down I know he wants to see his brother, Stefan. He has indulged me in his past, although not often, as he doesn't like to discuss such manners. I know he holds resentment toward Stefan for forcing him to complete his transition. I find that fact slightly comical as his blood turned me and I hold no resentment. It seems silly to me, ignoring someone you clearly love dearly for 50 years.

We come up behind a man and I feel Damon tense beside me, "Have you been eating the relatives again?" I press my lips together to insure I do not chuckle at such an inappropriate time

We come up behind a man and I feel Damon tense beside me, "Have you been eating the relatives again?" I press my lips together to insure I do not chuckle at such an inappropriate time. "Damon." The brunette man with green eyes says with a small smile. "It's been a long time, brother." Damon responds as we stand right Infront of Stefan. "It's been almost fifty years. I'm surprised you came." The green eyed man says. "And miss the funeral of, what do you call him? Uncle Zachariah?" Damon says stiffly. I squeeze his arm, trying to bring him some comfort in this uncomfortable conversation. In doing so I catch the gaze of Stefan who looks back at Damon, "Who is this you've brought with you brother? A new women?" I feel Damon tense as I chuckle, making Stefan looks at me confused, "I am not Damon's women I assure you. It is a pleasure to meet you, Stefan." He reaches a hand out but I wrap him in a hug instead, he reluctantly hugs me back. "She's a hugger." I hear Damon say behind me. I pull away from Stefan and stand beside Damon again. "Definitely."

Damon keeps his gaze in the forest, not looking at his brother, "I see you're still mad at me." The conversation goes tense again.
"Why would I be mad at you, Stefan? You made me become a vampire and now I walk the world alone, drinking other people's blood."
"Any chance you took it all out on our nephew Zachariah?"
"If I'm not mistaken, you were the one who killed our family, remember? May father rest in peace." I suppress an eyeroll. I know he despised that man. The only reason he didn't kill me that night is because he felt sympathy for me being stuck with with abusive man. Just as his mother had been stuck with his father.
"I'm not like that anymore, Damon."
"Well congratulations, Stefan. But if you'll excuse me, I'd like to live out my eternal existence as far away from you as possible." Damon grabs my arm and we begin walking away, bringing a sadness to me. "Damon, wait." Stefan says from behind us making Damon and I stop walking. "Lets grab a drink, catch up." I smile as Damon and I turn around. Stefan is smiling at Damon, "I've missed you brother." Warmth fills my heart as Damon says, "Sure. Why not?"