27- The Dinner From Hell

"Hello brother." I say into my phone while spinning in my office chair. "Alice? What the hell is going on over there." I sigh and pause my music, "There dad. Happy?"
"Very, what got you all moody?"
"The betrayal of family, seems to be a common occurrence as of late." Damon sighs into the phone before I continue, "Lets get wasted together like our days in New York. I'll let you pick who and what we drink." I say in a cheerful voice.
"I wish, but I can't, busy, have plans."
"Let me guess," I slur out, "You are trying to kill my boyfriend, no, soulmate, again. And your going to fail again, then I'll have to beg Klaus not to kill you and he won't because he loves me. How did I do?"
"More accurate than comfortable. Ah I have to go, enjoy your spiraling." I roll my eyes as the line goes dead. Same shit different day I think as I press play on my music again.

I hear a knock on my door through my music. I let out a groan before yelling, "Nik leave me out of your scheming against Stefan please! Let me drink my feelings away!" I say before downing some rum. The door knob turns and Elijah walks in with a smile, "I do not believe that is a healthy coping mechanism."

  "Well then, it's a good thing I'm dead

"Well then, it's a good thing I'm dead." I say with a shrug. I look up and smile widely, "You got a haircut, looks amazing, you look less like a vampire." He raises an eyebrow, "Less vampire?" I spin around in my chair, "Yeah, when you had the middle part it made you look older, not in a bad way, just more intimidating I suppose." Suddenly my spinning is stopped as Elijah holds onto the arms of the chair, leaning over me. "Perhaps I should have left it as it was."
"People will still be scared of you."
"How so?" He questions with a smirk. My stomach flutters and I turn my gaze away from him, "Well the way you carry yourself. From your suits to your calm and collected demeanor. It's very hard to tell what is going through your head."
"I have gotten good at hiding my thoughts over the millennium." I hum and go to drink more rum but the bottle is taken out of my hand, "Really Lijah?" He hums as he walks to the doorway before leaning on it.

 "I thought you would want to be informed that your brothers are joining us for dinner to discuss an agreement of sorts." My eyes widen in surprise, "That sounds like a terrible idea." He raises an eyebrow at me and I throw my hands in the air while standing from the chair, "Fine, happy to play the peace keeper between the two parties!"
"Smart choice, for your Salvatore's of course. I'll let you into my head for a moment," he smiles at me as I state at him confused, "I am delighted you will be joining us." He says before turning out of the room, leaving me smiling in his wake.