8- Virginia

It is the day after making our deal with Klaus. Once we left that warehouse, we drove for four and a half hours, before we reached the Marriott in Virginia Beach, at nearly 3 am. We compelled the employee at the desk to give us rooms, despite the fact it wasn't check in time. I can tell Stefan is quite ashamed of himself, he wouldn't look at me once throughout the trip here. When I woke up I took a long shower, before getting ready for the day. Now it is 4pm and for the last hour I have been sipping on liquor, sat on the balcony, while reading a book Stefan gave me a few days ago, before everything went to shit.

We ended up each getting a suite thank God, I think I would have lost my bloody mind if I had to deal with the tension between us three for another minute

We ended up each getting a suite thank God, I think I would have lost my bloody mind if I had to deal with the tension between us three for another minute. "Good morning Alice." I jump and spill my liquor on my self and my book. I look over and find Klaus wearing an amused grin while sat on the other chair with his legs crossed.

 "Klaus, what the hell?! How did you even get in here?!" I yell before speeding into the bathroom to grab a towel

 "Klaus, what the hell?! How did you even get in here?!" I yell before speeding into the bathroom to grab a towel. "I asked the lovely receptionist for a key of course." He says, making me groan as I clean up the spilled liquor. I stand up and put my hands on my hips, "What do you want?"

He smiles brightly at me before standing right Infront of me, "Stefan and I are going for a drink down the boardwalk. I was hoping you would join us." I roll my eyes, "Fine but your paying." I push past him into my hotel room.

"Did you see the two hot guys that just sat down at my section? I wonder if one of them is dating that chick." I hear our apparent waitress gossip to her coworker. I cringe at the thought of dating Stefan, and Klaus, would simply never happen. I am sat on the inside of a booth beside Stefan while Klaus is sat in front of us. "So, are you ever going to tell us why you wanted us to follow you?" I question him with my arms across my chest. He leans back, "I want to sire more of me, hybrids. And to do that we need to find a pack." I snicker, "So you want a cult of puppies?" I question with a tilt of my head making him roll his eyes.

"Hi, I'm Mary your waitress

"Hi, I'm Mary your waitress." She leans on our table, giving Klaus a direct view of her cleavage, I can't stop the eye roll of annoyance. She tilts her body toward Stefan, "What can I get you two?" She looks back and forth between them. I lose my patience, "Hey Mary?" I question making her glare at me, "I can tell you want to have a threesome with them two, which I have no problem with," Slight lie, "but do not ignore the fact that I am also here. We need 2 bourbons, a tequila mojito, and an appetizer basket." I look into her eyes, "I'll also take a glass of your blood. He's taking the tab." She looks dazed as I point to Klaus who sighs before pulling his wallet out and handing over his card. "I'll be right back with your drinks." She says before walking away.

"That was quite the show love." I shrug as I look at my phone, "I don't take kindly to being disrespected, especially by other women, we are supposed to stand by one another, not blatantly disregard each other." Stefan sighs beside me, "Still a beaming feminist I see." I hum in agreement. "You know I was at nearly every women's liberation movement protest for nearly 20 years, from the 60s through the 70s. It would be odd if suddenly I didn't support the cause." Klaus and Stefan chat back and forth while I respond to business emails on my phone.

After a couple of hours and many drinks later I am definitely feeling tipsy. A man begins singing country karaoke and I bang my head on the table making the glasses shake. "Sweetheart what are you doing." I groan and look up at him, "You know how your bite kills vampires?" He nods confused. I put my wrist up, "Please bite me and put me out of my misery. Country music is already trash, and then add someone who is completely off pitch. Just end it already." Klaus chuckles at me and grabs my wrist gently, I feel the usual shock that I've grown to actually like the feeling of. "Klaus don't." Stefan says causing me to laugh. Should I be scared? Definitely. Am I? No. Klaus has never scared me, I know I call him a giant puppy but I think beneath all the murderous tendencies that's what he is.

Klaus brings my wrist up to his lips and presses a kiss on the inside of it. My heart rate speeds up and my cheeks flush as I pull my arm back, feeling flustered. It is obvious he knows the effect he had on me, "I will not kill you Alice, although I cannot say the same for that chap. Say the words and he's dead." I laugh and down my drink.

"I would say I feel special that you would murder someone for me, but I think you just enjoy murdering people." He shrugs, "Well I won't deny that." Stefan suddenly pushes himself out of the booth. "Where you going Stef?" As he walks away he yells over his shoulder, "As far away from your flirting as possible." I roll my eyes, although he clearly can not see me as he opens the restroom door.

I down Stefan's drink as well and look at Klaus, "You know, I don't think he can say anything

I down Stefan's drink as well and look at Klaus, "You know, I don't think he can say anything. I mean, he was willing to let me die just to avenge his girlfriend. So much for the bond of family." Klaus' expression hardens. "Anyway I am going to go convince that man to never sing again, if you'll excuse me."

Sorry this chapter is shorter than others. How are you guys liking this story so far? I have 19 part written as of uploading this. Any constructive criticism is wanted! Thank you for reading thus far ❤