20- Distractions

I slept absolutely horrendous last night, my bed felt empty, void of him. I groan and force my self out of bed, along with the thoughts of him from my mind. I get ready for a day out of the house before finally turning my phone back on. It had died during the high school incident and I charged it last night. I find a call from Rebekah and only 3 from Klaus, I let out a sigh of relief before walking down stairs.

Just as I'm about to open the front door and leave I hear Damon groaning, "Ow, Stefan. Low blow, Stefan. Low blow." I turn around confused and curious. Stefan is leaning in the doorway of the living room, "What the hell happened to you?" He says as I stand beside him. I gasp at the scene Infront of me, Damon is chained up to a chair with a fire poker in his stomach. 'Whatever twisted ripper game this is, leave me out of it." I speed toward him and rip the fire poker from his stomach making him scream, "Sorry."
"A warning would have been nice." Damon groans as I remove the chains around his chest.
"I didn't do this." Stefan says sounding amused.
"Quit screwing around!" Damon responds.
"I didn't. It's pretty messed up though, isn't it?"
"Yep." Damon says as I pull off the rest of the chains, hearing Stefan walking away in the distance. Damon stays sitting in the chair and I question, "If Stefan didn't do this than who did?" Suddenly the curtains open and Damon's skin begins burning as he screams. I speed forward and close them as fast as possible. Damon falls off the chair and grabs his daylight ring off the floor. "Mason Lockwood's ghost is who did this. Let's just say I'm having déjà vu." I stare at him shocked, "Someone you killed is haunting you?" He nods as he stands up with a groan. "And that is my sign to leave. Good luck, don't get your self killed."
"Alice!"
"Bye!" I yell as I speed out of the house.

I decided to go out of town for the day, being sick of all the supernatural drama. I went without it for decades in New York and now that I'm in the small town of Mystic Falls, it's a constant problem. How is it that when Klaus, Stefan, and I were searching for the supernatural there was less drama than in Mystic Falls? And when I heard there were now ghosts, my decision to leave town for the day was a whapping 100%. Which leads me to why I went to Hobby Lobby, every white suburban moms dream. I decided I needed a nice frame for the picture of a Klaus and Stefan from the 20s. I ended up buying loads of paints, canvases, and sketching supplies. I may or may not have spent $300 on things I absolutely do not need. As I sit in the park with my sketchbook the only thing, or person, that brings me inspiration is the one that I'm furious with. He is the only man I have ever loved, and he betrayed my trust, which I do not give easily. Him taking away my free will, it is one of the worst things he could do. The reason I never allowed myself to feel for someone is I do not want to be controlled, locked down. I need my independence, I have worked so hard over the years to remove the pain of the first 20 years of my life. Every single decision was made for me, what I wore, what I ate, what hobbies I explored, who I wed, every little detail. I will not be with someone who brings me back to such dark places, Niklaus either will accept that or he won't, the decision will be his.

My thoughts are interrupted by the ringing of my phone, the caller ID says its Natasha, a wave of excitement rushes through me. "Hello."
"I need you here. Shipments are piling up and if we want to reach our seasonal deadlines you..." I cut her off, "I'll be there tomorrow." I hear her sigh in relief, "Good see you soon." She ends the call and I can't help but think, this is the perfect thing to get my mind off him. I pull my phone out and text Damon and Stefan that I'm leaving town but I'll be back soon. Stefan's name pops up and I sigh annoyed before answering, "Forget how to read Stef?" He ignores my petty comment,
"I'm supposed to keep you safe. How am I supposed to do that if your leaving." I pack my sketching supplies into a bag.
"I don't know. Not my problem."
"Klaus is your problem, and he won't be happy about this." I chuckle dryly as I walk to my car.
"That only makes me want to leave more. Talk to you later Stefie." I end the call and get into my car, driving to the airport.