Chapter 2:

I've seen this before in movies, superpowers, But how would I get them? How could such a fantasy become so real?

  When I was little my grandma had this book of spells, she claimed it was real, and of course, I went along with it because she's my grandma.

  I remember that one night when I was staying over at her house, her cat died. So she grabbed her spellbook and said a few words and the cat came back to life. Of course, I thought it was a dream, honestly, I thought my grandma was way crazy after that. But maybe I'm the crazy one for not believing her, for not believing in magic.

  I close my eyes as I'm surrounded by the dark, noisy woods.

  "Bring me to grandma's house," I say, hoping that just maybe I might appear in her house, and maybe this magic may be useful after all. With my eyes still closed I take a deep breath, in and out, calming myself down. I feel my body get lighter, and my fists clench tighter together, as I open my eyes to see myself standing in front of my grandma's house.

A smile crosses my face, it worked!

  my grandma died 2 years ago, but all her stuff remains in this house, untouched, and unmoved. A two-story house that is painted a boring plain white, with a large deck in the back and a small basement she never let anyone go into. I step forward into the old viney house, as it croaks and I enter. I have a strong feeling that I'm safe here, so I stay.

  As the night falls I craw into the guest bedroom, the one I used to sleep in when I was little. This is the only place I have ever actually felt safe, and peaceful.

  As my eyes close shut, I drift off. Part of me hopes that just maybe this will all be a terrible dream, just a nightmare.