Chapter 5:

I wake up to the sound of birds humming outside my window, the sun shining in. I plop the pillow over my head angrily. "Why?" I whine. After 5 minutes I decide to finally get up and go to the kitchen where my grandma is.

I walk into the kitchen and see my grandma making eggs, and French toast. I sit on the stool underneath the kitchen island and don't say a word. I know I was rude, but I don't want to apologize for it's not my fault, she's the one who pissed me off. She glances over at me and sighs.

"You can't ignore me forever. You know, you are always good at pushing people away when you're mad." She says with a slight smile. "I know, it's just I-" I pause thinking of the right words to use. I take a deep breath and just say "I didn't do anything wrong so I don't feel like I should say I'm sorry." I say. "Honey, I never said you had to apologize. I came too hard on you, And for that I'm sorry." She says with a smile. Oh, I had no idea this was going to turn out this way, I guess I could've been nicer. "Thank you, grandma," I say smiling back.

"I have to go," I say. My grandma nods in confirmation. "Be careful," she adds. I give her a quick nod back and head out the door. I plan on looking around in antique stores. Hoping that maybe I might find something that relates to my magic. Like a crystal, a book of shadows, or even something from my ancestors.

Once I reach the first antique store I go ahead and walk-in. "How may I help you?" A woman says with some sort of accent. She looks about 65 years old, she has a few pieces of white hair. You know the kind you get when you are old, not the gray one but the white one. I hope I get the white one, that's if I ever make it to 65 or older.

"I'm just here to look for anything that may have been my ancestors. Like books, or necklaces." I say, not wanting her help. "I see, what's your last name dear?" She asks, politely. "Wilson, Neveah Wilson," I say with a slight smile. I wait for about a minute as she types something into her computer.

"This way," she says waving her hand at me. I follow along, in hopes she finds something. She takes me back to a hallway field of books, and treasures of all kinds.

"Rosa Wilson, and Bill Wilson, is the only ancestors I found related to you." She points to a section. "This is all of their stuff, if you find anything let me know. I'll be at my desk in the front office if you need me." She says. "Okay thank you," I say as I turn around to say goodbye. But it's too late she's already gone. This whole place makes me feel weird, it gives me goosebumps. I start looking around, trying to find anything that might help me.

10- minutes later

I find a few books stacked on top of each other. I read the sides, Vampires, spells- "Yes I shout." Witches! I grab the stack of books and read the bottom. 20 dollars. I don't have a job yet, but I do have money from my grandma from over the years, I always carry it in my back pocket, with a wallet of course. I go back to the desk and buy the books.

"Have a good day," the woman says as she hands me the bag with the books in it. "You too," I give her a quick smile and turn around and walk out the door.

I head to the library, so I can start reading the books. The library is one of the only places I feel safe. I love the quietness and all the books, plus it's so peaceful there.

As I walk inside the library I go in and sit down, at the bay window. I open up the first page of witches and start reading. I watch as a few people walk in the door. I fucking hate people, all selfish human beings. I can be too, but not as much as everyone else. For heaven's sake, I just wanted to read in peace.

But someone catches my eye. The guy I danced with the other night is here. The guy I almost, maybe, possibly would have kissed walks in the door.

Shit..... this is just great.